Sign in to follow this  
Kreatorul

Set a letter as a number

Kreatorul

Hello guys...long time since i used autoit...i need help: I want to set a number for a letter, I mean if it finds a letter in a string then find the number wich coresponds to that letter and add with with something. I have to set a number for each letter but I don't know how to do that...and then if it finds the letter in the string let's say it will show a MessageBox with the number set to corespond with that letter....hope you get it i'm bad at explaining...10x for reading :)

Kreatorul

It suits my need but it's gonna take a loooot of time to finish my project :) anyway 10x i knew i was blind :D

1905russell

Hello guys...long time since i used autoit...i need help: I want to set a number for a letter, I mean if it finds a letter in a string then find the number wich coresponds to that letter and add with with something. I have to set a number for each letter but I don't know how to do that...and then if it finds the letter in the string let's say it will show a MessageBox with the number set to corespond with that letter....hope you get it i'm bad at explaining...10x for reading :)

How about:

StringInStr()

IniReadSection(LettersToNumbers.ini,MyConversionTable)

- assuming you want your own unique numbers or else you could use Asc()

"and add with with something". ??? whats adding to what numbers, strings?

The above will give you all the variables you need to display in the MsgBox()