Can't click dotnetbar buttons with AutoIt.

Hello all, first time poster!

First of all, AutoIt is an amazing tool! I found it the other day while posting in the Microsoft PowerShell forum. I'm trying to build some automation tools for our company product and thought of using Microsoft PowerShell. Anyway...I stumbled upon a PS limitation and needed AutoIt (which I then discovered:-))

Ok so here's the thing: Our company has a Smart Client application built on the .Net 2.0 framework. The application is deployed via ClickOnce. In addition our application uses many third party tools. One of these tools is dotnetbar (http://www.devcomponents.com/dotnetbar/).

As you can see in the picture attachment, AutoIt gives only **ONE** ClassNameNN for an entire group.

The group inside the "ribbon bar" actually holds 4 clickable buttons (Dashboard, Campaigns, Gap Filling and Reports)

Assuming I wanted to click "Dashbaord" or "Campaigns" how would I make AutoIt click the right one if they all share the same ClassNameNN id ?

What's the workaround?

Oh and on another subject, since I'm new to all this AutoIt stuff, is it me or I can't really rely on the Control ID since each time I re-run the application the Control ID is different...In other words, I can't create AutoIt scripts with a hardcoded Control ID as it will change the next time it runs...

Anyway, Hope there's a workaround.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sincerely

Vince

post-23156-1178651717_thumb.jpg

Thank you very munch Zedna for such a quick reply :-)

Yeah I was afraid the only workaround was the X and Y posistion...which I'm not a big fan of...hehehe

Anyway, this post you gave me seems interesting, I'll read up on it.

It would be great indeed if "Jon" (I don't know who that man is...) would improve .NET manipulation.

Many thanks!

Sincerely

Vince