A few things

Okay, I'm back after a long time away... Missed you guys! Back with more troubling questions!!

1. Ctrl+Alt+Delete emulation? It IS possible, I've seen it done with my very own eyes. No idea how, probably an I/O emulator, any ideas?

2. Using an autoit program as a Windows service? Can it be done!?

3. Why is it that when I run a program remotely, (not sure how it is run, psexec -i maybe?) I get the error "Autoit error, cannot locate script file" or something

Well, for now that's about it... Time to get thinking caps on!!

For those concerned as to why I am doing all of this, I am now a system administrator at a school, the running of which requires many remote administration tools, many of which costs a large amount of $$$, so anything I can make myself means a new pair of headphones or something!!

Cheers!

Edited by psynegy

Okay, I'm back after a long time away... Missed you guys! Back with more troubling questions!!...

Welcome back.

...1. Ctrl+Alt+Delete emulation? It IS possible, I've seen it done with my very own eyes. No idea how, probably an I/O emulator, any ideas?...

If Autoit (or other tools) can do this, it should not be discussed in an open forum.

...2. Using an autoit program as a Windows service? Can it be done!?...

See:

Q4. How can I run my script as a service?http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=253174

3. Why is it that when I run a program remotely, (not sure how it is run, psexec -i maybe?) I get the error "Autoit error, cannot locate script file" or something...

Post the command line (or AutoIt code) that attempted to launch the "remote script" and the exact error...

...enjoy...

Edit: forgot a word - MSP-

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

1. Ctrl+Alt+Delete emulation?

Most uses for that are malicious and you won't get much help with it. However, most of the legitimate things you might do from there ARE possible without Ctrl+Alt+Del, and discussed freely here. Such as: Reboot, Shutdown, Sleep/Hibernate. What in particular were you interested in?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

the running of which requires many remote administration tools, many of which costs a large amount of $$$, so anything I can make myself means a new pair of headphones or something!!

You should check out the RAP (in sig) :)

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Well, most of my questions actually tie together quite well,

The reason for wanting to do Ctrl+Alt+Delete is batch logon for performing automated tasks run from an autoit program which is running as a service. But I can't seem to run this script remotely.

Pah, my VPN server is down, I'll have to get the script a bit later. All it is; is a ShellExecute and some Send() dealios. Nothing other than that.

All I wanted it to do was logon to each machine and run through a control applet, because for SOME REASON, accessibility options cannot be controlled by group policy. And any school system administrator will understand why I need to have them disabled!!

Cheers again, there's no point in my continuation of any of this if I can't do ctrl+alt+delete, but I can't understand why such thing is so secretive in these parts... If someone does have a suggestion that they don't want to say out loud then just PM me, I'd really appreciate the help!

The reason for wanting to do Ctrl+Alt+Delete is batch logon for performing automated tasks run from an autoit program which is running as a service. But I can't seem to run this script remotely.

Pah, my VPN server is down, I'll have to get the script a bit later. All it is; is a ShellExecute and some Send() dealios. Nothing other than that.

All I wanted it to do was logon to each machine and run through a control applet, because for SOME REASON, accessibility options cannot be controlled by group policy. And any school system administrator will understand why I need to have them disabled!!

Cheers again, there's no point in my continuation of any of this if I can't do ctrl+alt+delete, but I can't understand why such thing is so secretive in these parts... If someone does have a suggestion that they don't want to say out loud then just PM me, I'd really appreciate the help!

Forcing a logon without Ctrl-Alt-Del or hacking the MSGINA.dll is quite doable:

By remote access to the registry, enable and setup an auto admin logon, using a restricted shell for the autologon user that limits that user to just the task at hand. Then remotely force a reboot. The machine will auto logon, running the logon script for the user, which is your admin task.

You can also remotely put a script that does the above process in as scheduled task, so the reghack/reboot/autologon/config happens whenever required to minimize user interference.

Keep in mind that the only reason to actually logon to achieve your admin task is if you absolutely must have a GUI interface. Everything that can be done with non-GUI functions can be done without all the stuff above.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law