SciteAu3 SchemeEditor

flyingboz

Moved by gratitude and respect for the creators of AutoIt3, Scite4AutoIt3, Tidy, PixelChange, and the graciousness and helpfulness of the vast majority of those I have had the pleasure to meet on this forum, I have created, using the tools mentioned above and the help of forum members....

A Graphical Scheme Editor for Scite!!!

Doc File: http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/flyingboz/doc.html

ScreenShots:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/flyingboz/GUI_screen.png

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/flyingboz/ColorPick.png

Executable:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/flyingboz/SciTeAu3_SchemeEditor.exe

All known issues resolved -- Still "beta"

Version 0.2 will be released tomorrow night if all goes well -JdeB has provided the hooks to the O/S fontname/size selector.  DK if this introduces any O/S version dependencies.  All the GUI stuff to support font manipulation has been done, I just need to add the code to parse for scheme load and write out for scheme save...The link is "live" again, with version 0.1, which fixes several grevious errors.

It Goes w/o saying - but: Code tested on my system (WinXPsp1) with no deleterious effects. Your mileage may vary. I take no responsibility for your system, or the programs you choose to run on it, or the effects that such programs may have, including the software referenced in the above link. I do welcome feedback / suggestions / comments couched in constructive and tactful language. Please note that I am not currently making the source available, as I'm still actively working on this, though I likely will not be opposed to doing so once this project leaves my active pile, should it gain traction.

Edited by flyingboz

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Dear flyingboz,

After downloading and executing code that I believe you wrote, SciTe is much easier to customize :ph34r:

Q: Is the color picker included? I get an error when I click the "Fore" or "Back" buttons

I've noticed that when I uncheck a box such as bold, nothing happens to the sample text...

Sincerely,

CyberSlug

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

CS,

Thanks for checking it out.

I'd love to hear your suggestions for ease of use. I do find it easier than keeping

track of all the style number, and being able to quickly click on three or four colors to get what I want.

I have id'ed the bugs you noticed, and will get the fixes out PM.

The PickColor is to display a bitmap - I was trying to fileinstall() it to system-specific location --Do you think a different style of color picker would be preferable -- I thought about list boxes, and edit fields ,etc.

Haven't isolated the fontattrib toggle --- must have introduced a bug adding caret.line support.

The fore isn't supposed to do anything -- fixed

back works great when the pickcolor doesn't fail -- added errorchecking for that, too.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

• Developers

This has been on the wishlist for a while but never started to work on it... so great you are doing this because a lot of people asked for it. (They don't seem to like my default color settings... :( )

The screen captures look like a good approach for selecting colors..

:ph34r: Maybe the fonts selection can be included as wel ?

Would be happy to work with you to help out and to integrate it in the Scite4Autoit3 installer.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Where is the link? :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pulled because of the bug... (atleast thats what the first post is saying...)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I'm working contract right now, so my schedule varies. I hope to have the known bugs knocked out by tonight, and jdeb and I are chatting offline about the font enhancement and other questions I have for him re: ensuring that this is useful. I'm really excited to be able to give back to the Au3 community.

So hold on to your britches, ezze --- if you want to pay me, I promise I'll get you a copy first :ph34r:

flyingboz

Nice, I have one I made one similar to yours. I have a suggestion if it is only used for au3.properties. When it first opens why not search "program files\AutoIt3\SciTe" and "program files\SciTe" for the au3.properties and have it load the styles automatically. Would be nice if the FileOpenDialog should be a last resort. Maybe JdeB can set a registry entry in the Scite installation that you can use.

flyingboz

I presume you mean when you don't open a file --- that would be a lack of errorchecking :ph34r:

Noticed the colormap.exe sure is heavy 592KB ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fileinstall() fullcolor bitmap with a gradient grayscale - jdeb has graciously

provided a c++ util he wrote to get the o/s color dialog -- trade off in size vs.

"one-click" color selection.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working contract right now, so my schedule varies.

flyingboz,

Haven't seen any activity in this post for a while.

Are you planning on continuing with your project so it can be implemented into Scite ?

If so when can we see the updated release ?

Hopefully you won't take this the wrong way but if you are not planning on continuing with your project, just let me know because I have a schemeditor I would also like to contribute.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Developers

fileinstall() fullcolor bitmap with a gradient grayscale - jdeb has graciously

provided a c++ util he wrote to get the o/s color dialog -- trade off in size vs.

"one-click" color selection.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

flyingboz has other commitments at this moment so i took the 2 programs i wrote, SelectFont and SelectColor, and wrote an AutoIt script called http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/sciteconfig.exe around it which will:

* Read the current Font & Syntax color settings from the scite config files.

* Display a GUI were you can change the settings

* Update - will write this info to SciTeUser.Properties

* Cancel - don't change anything

* Reset - undo your changes and reload last saved settings from files.

Let me know when you find issues/problems etc.

it will be incorporated in the next Scite Update into the Tools menu.

Enjoy,

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/sciteconfig.png

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Is this going to be added to the next SciTe update installer?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeap... :)

Let me know when you find issues/problems etc.

it will be incorporated in the next Scite Update into the Tools menu.

Enjoy,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Yeap... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how about the ability to open different config files, like I'd like to customize something for .au3spy so I can look at output from the spy a bit clearer... Or just change the defaults for .txt or somesuch...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

JdeB, there is that issue with @UserProfileDir that causes SchemeEditor to fail....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I downloaded the au3 file and used replace in in Scite to change @UserProfileDir to @HomeDrive & @HomePath. But it is asking for files while compiling. I have the 2 files that extracted from the original but am unsure exactly about any others files that it is asking for?

JdeB, I have found a temporary solution here until the @UserProfileDir bug is fixed.

Edited by MHz

• Developers

how about the ability to open different config files, like I'd like to customize something for .au3spy so I can look at output from the spy a bit clearer...  Or just change the defaults for .txt or somesuch...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The issue is that there are different number of Syntax types per language so logic would have to be build for that.

I don't have any plans for incorporating this in SciteConfig... too many things that could go wrong ...

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.