Using UPX

I see that rc2 is using UPX3 so that brings up another question.

How would I go about setting a command line compile to use lzma? AFAIK Aut2exe only accepts the /nopack switch for UPX.

I know a workaround if it can't be set in the command line but if there is an easir way then I would like to know.

Admins......... If you don't want this to be public knowledge then please just PM me and lock the thread.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

You should be able to just pack it manually with upx - doesn't have to be through aut2exe.

That was my workaround. :) Actually Project Express has UPX support, I just have to add a checkbox for lzma.

I thought maybe you had a hidden switch in there.

Thanks Jon

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Sounds like another job for Super JdeB :D (/nopack then #upx_lzma)

Oh sure!!!!!! Just what I need, one more option that's only enabled in Scite4AutoIt. :)

George

• Developers

Oh sure!!!!!! Just what I need, one more option that's only enabled in Scite4AutoIt. :)

Shit happens when you don't want to use the "nice" tools ... :D

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Shit happens when you don't want to use the "nice" tools ... :D

It's not that I don't want to use it.

I always work on my projects using Project Express and, because it supports more than one language, Scite just doesn't fit the bill. Sorry. :)

I really think that Scite4AutoIt is an excellent tool.

Besides that the fact still exists that I prefer NOT to have syntax highligting regardless of what editor I'm using, and that will vary from time to time. I often change my default editor for Project Express to try out new ones or new versions of old ones.

EDIT: I really prfer stand alone tools. For example your code obfuscator will be incorporated into the next version of PX as an AutoIt compile option and yes you get full credit.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

• Moderators

It's not that I don't want to use it.

I always work on my projects using Project Express and, because it supports more than one language, Scite just doesn't fit the bill. Sorry. :)

Not that I want to stir the pot here (Who am I kidding, of course I do), but last I checked... SciTe wasn't language specific to AutoIt nor was the syntax highlighting even necessary.... :D

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Not that I want to stir the pot here (Who am I kidding, of course I do), but last I checked... SciTe wasn't language specific to AutoIt nor was the syntax highlighting even necessary.... :D

But I think Scite4autoit3 is language specific. I'll check later. In the meantime I still have it as the alternate editor for au3 files in PX and if the user has it set as their default then that is what will be used anyway unless they select another editor. Currently I have Notepad ++ as my default for almost every file type but I'll probably go back to EditPad Pro soon. I don't like breaking peoples work habits if I can avoid it.

I'm not sure if you can turn off highlighting in Scite4Autoit3 or not. That's one for JdeB to handle.

The issue that I have is that I need to work with so many file types at the same time. I could have an AutoIt script, a vbscript, a javascript, an hhc file, and an HTML file all open in at the same time in different tabs. Syntax highlighting will usually crap out when you change tabs and some editors are so bad they don't know whether to s__t or go blind when you do it. I don't know if any of them will autodetect what highlighting to use based on the code and not on the file type.

Keep stirring, the world loves you for it. :)

Edited by GEOSoft

George

I don't know if any of them will autodetect what highlighting to use based on the code and not on the file type.

Keep stirring, the world loves you for it. :)

Here is a good stir. :D Why do you think filetypes were created for in the first place? Answer: So programs do know the difference between one type and another :D . *.au3 = AutoIt3 rings a bell... :D

Edit:

SciTE currently is able to syntax style these languages (* denotes support for folding):

CODE

Ada

ANS.1 MIB definition files*

APDL

Assembler (NASM, MASM)

AutoIt*

Avenue*

Batch files (MS-DOS)

Baan*

Bash*

BlitzBasic*

Bullant*

C/C++/C#*

Clarion*

conf (Apache)*

CSound*

CSS*

diff files*

E-Script*

Eiffel*

Erlang*

Flagship (Clipper / XBase)*

Flash (ActionScript)*

Fortran*

Forth*

Haskell

HTML*

HTML with embedded Javascript, VBScript, PHP and ASP*

Gui4Cli*

IDL - both MSIDL and XPIDL*

INI, properties* and similar

InnoSetup*

Java*

Javascript*

LISP*

LOT*

Lout*

Lua*

Make

Matlab*

Metapost

MMIXAL

MSSQL

nnCron

NSIS*

Objective Caml*

Opal

Octave*

Pascal/Delphi*

Perl, most of it except for some ambiguous cases*

PostScript*

POV-Ray*

PowerBasic*

PureBasic*

Python*

Rebol*

Ruby*

Scheme*

scriptol*

Specman E*

Spice

Smalltalk

SQL and PLSQL

TADS3*

TeX and LaTeX

Tcl/Tk*

VB and VBScript*

Verilog*

VHDL*

XML*

YAML*

Scite does well from any language to the next. Would be nice if others did a fine job as JdeB has done with the au3 file type with great support as Scite4AutoIt3 has. Edited by MHz

Scite does well from any language to the next. Would be nice if others did a fine job as JdeB has done with the au3 file type with great support as Scite4AutoIt3 has.

And therein lies the problem with syntax highlighting. People (JdeB excluded) don't keep up with the syntax highlighting. Notepad ++ has syntax highlighting for au3 files but it's about a year behind. so there is no sense in using it. BTW it also has foldout support.

I open so many file types in an editor that it would take forever to update or create the highlighting for all of them and then I would have to do it for each editor that I use. No thanks.

We need a new emoticon for pot stirrers.

George

• Developers

And therein lies the problem with syntax highlighting. People (JdeB excluded) don't keep up with the syntax highlighting. Notepad ++ has syntax highlighting for au3 files but it's about a year behind. so there is no sense in using it. BTW it also has foldout support.

I open so many file types in an editor that it would take forever to update or create the highlighting for all of them and then I would have to do it for each editor that I use. No thanks.

We need a new emoticon for pot stirrers.

Think that Notepad++ is the wrong example since that is using the same Lexer, but they have done some customising in the program so that's why its not as up-to-date as SciTE.

The SciTE which I distribute is the version made by Neil Hodgson and contains all standard Lexers available... only thing I did is some minor AutoIt3 Customization. :)

If you don't like the Color stuff in SciTE then put all color definitions to Black characters and the color stuff is gone or use Jon's color scheme which is more or less "not much color" .. :D

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Think that Notepad++ is the wrong example since that is using the same Lexer, but they have done some customising in the program so that's why its not as up-to-date as SciTE.

The SciTE which I distribute is the version made by Neil Hodgson and contains all standard Lexers available... only thing I did is some minor AutoIt3 Customization. :)

If you don't like the Color stuff in SciTE then put all color definitions to Black characters and the color stuff is gone or use Jon's color scheme which is more or less "not much color" .. :D

You're right. That's a bad example. I have something in the neighborhood of 14 editors installed and several are much worse than Notepad ++ for being up to date.

The only "features" that I like to have are indenting and tabs. If Windows Notepad had those I would be quite comfortable working in it. Like I pointed out, I edit my html, help contents and help index files (on occasion even my hhp files) in a text editor. I never use WYSIWYG editors unless I am bashing together something that is simple and I need it in a hurry. When I install MS Office with FrontPage it likes to hijack my file associations and I hate it for that. I don't like to install any program that will hijack associations without asking me first. Remember the other thread where I asked about the zip package for Scite4AutoIt3? Most graphics editors are good about that but few other editors are.

I've pointed out several times that you have done a great job with Scite and I recommend its use highly but I rarely use it myself. Note the "rarely" because I do use it.

I'm just a basics kind of guy. :D

EDIT: This thread seems to have driffted off topic and probably now belongs in Chat. I wonder who's responsible for that? HINT: see post #3

Edited by GEOSoft

George

• Developers

Well ... to answer post 3 in this topic.

I prefer if Jon adds the option to AUT2EXE and then add an #Compiler directive for that.

Just finished adding #Compiler_UseAnsi which will tell AutoIt3Wrapper to use the Ansi version of AUT2EXEa or AUtoIt3a when Compiling/running a script.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

EDIT: This thread seems to have driffted off topic and probably now belongs in Chat. I wonder who's responsible for that? HINT: see post #3

Nice one George. You double post same topics in chat and developers forums. I always see the same people consistantly posting in the development forum for some reason, whether it is support, chat or other. Yes, quite surprising. So when you point someone out for something, then make sure that you are not as bad or even worse then the person that you pick on.

As for the Notepad++ syntax, I already have a script posted for updating that so the aim there was off as well.

Nice one George. You double post same topics in chat and developers forums. I always see the same people consistantly posting in the development forum for some reason, whether it is support, chat or other. Yes, quite surprising. So when you point someone out for something, then make sure that you are not as bad or even worse then the person that you pick on.

As for the Notepad++ syntax, I already have a script posted for updating that so the aim there was off as well.

Yhere was no offence intended and yes I did double post 1 topic. And I wasn't really sure where that belonged. :D

Should I ever want the highlighting for Notepad ++, Where did you post it?

George

Should I ever want the highlighting for Notepad ++, Where did you post it?

The script is here. The search engine finds it easy so I was not trying to hide it. It will update from the keywords file that Scite4AutoIt3 uses here. I have used Notepad++ as a secondary editor at times so I made the script to make life easier when updating AutoIt beta's.

The script is here. The search engine finds it easy so I was not trying to hide it. It will update from the keywords file that Scite4AutoIt3 uses here. I have used Notepad++ as a secondary editor at times so I made the script to make life easier when updating AutoIt beta's.

Thanks MHz. I'll bookmark those links for future use.

George