Make a label over a jpeg transparent

Hi Scripters,

Yes it had to happen sooner or later ... I need help!

I've created a bitmap making program using AutoIt and Lazycat's dll.

The problem is that when I use a jpeg as the GUI background instead of a color, I cannot get an overlaying label to be transparent, and show only its text. This would be a nice feature to have, as the program ultimately creates bitmaps from audio tracks for still shot bitmap replacements in VobBlanker, so that you can have text displayed for an audio dvd chapter (track) ... with the possibility of the background jpg or bmp being an album cover or band photo, etc.

Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated! :)

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Search is your friend :D

Thanks Zedna :D

I must have done something wrong in my search, I used "transparent label" without the quotes of course, and all I got was 4 pages - but none of the entries your link provides. Am I possibly searching the wrong part of the forum? Though I did select all of the forum.

Anyway thanks a lot, I'll now go and do some reading! :)

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

*SOLUTION* :)

Don't use $WS_VISIBLE when creating the GUI.

After perusing MHZ example with my code, the only difference I could pick, was that he had used $WS_POPUP, whereas I had used some regular commands such as clipsiblings, sysmenu, etc and what proved to be the problem $WS_VISIBLE.

Maybe there should be a comment about this in the help file, as it just didn't occur to me without some sort of comparison to go by.

Anyway thanks Zedna & MHZ. :D

For those who want to know, the relevant code for the GUI is

GUICtrlCreatePic($picture, 0, 0, 320, 240)
GUICtrlSetState(Default, $GUI_DISABLE)

and the label

GUICtrlSetBkColor(Default, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT)
GUICtrlSetColor(Default, 0xFFFFFF)

obviously any variables, dimensions & color need to be modified to suit your own.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Thanks Zedna :D

I must have done something wrong in my search, I used "transparent label" without the quotes of course, and all I got was 4 pages - but none of the entries your link provides. Am I possibly searching the wrong part of the forum? Though I did select all of the forum.

Anyway thanks a lot, I'll now go and do some reading! :)

Clever search is to use +transparent +label phrase and use Search titles only option :D

In search page is [Advanced Usage Help] - for help

This advanced search options are known to very limited amount of forum readers though :D

You must learn not only new Autoit syntax but also searching on Autoit forum to be absolutely Autoit ready :D:ph34r:

Thanks again Zedna

All I have to do now .... is remember all that! :)

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 2 weeks later...

Clever search is to use +transparent +label phrase and use Search titles only option :)

In search page is [Advanced Usage Help] - for help

This advanced search options are known to very limited amount of forum readers though :)

You must learn not only new Autoit syntax but also searching on Autoit forum to be absolutely Autoit ready :P:D

search pro ! :)