Help file suggestion

I've always thought that the layout of the help file where it pertains to GUI Reference was ridiculous. I mean that I can see no need for having two entries (GUI Reference and Function Reference/GUI Reference). In the past, if I had reason to decompile the help file and then recompile it, I would move the two pages from GUI Reference to Function Reference/GUI Reference and delete the first one. After reflecting on this I think I took the wrong approach. I should have done it the other way. I still think those two pages should be placed with the other GUI pages but GUI Reference should be removed from Function Reference entirely and just use the other one. It's not that big a problem to change the automatic creation process for the help files.

Remember it's only a suggestion and I'm not wearing a flame-proof suit.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I've always thought that the layout of the help file where it pertains to GUI Reference was ridiculous. I mean that I can see no need for having two entries (GUI Reference and Function Reference/GUI Reference). In the past, if I had reason to decompile the help file and then recompile it, I would move the two pages from GUI Reference to Function Reference/GUI Reference and delete the first one. After reflecting on this I think I took the wrong approach. I should have done it the other way. I still think those two pages should be placed with the other GUI pages but GUI Reference should be removed from Function Reference entirely and just use the other one. It's not that big a problem to change the automatic creation process for the help files.

Remember it's only a suggestion and I'm not wearing a flame-proof suit.

do you mean that the name of the page must be unique for your process?

When we build the help files they are stored in 2 different dir so there is no confusion.

do you mean that the name of the page must be unique for your process?

When we build the help files they are stored in 2 different dir so there is no confusion.

My process doesn't care how they are laid out it just parses the hhc file as it is. I lust think that the layout of the help file would be improved. I've mentioned this a year or so ago as well but at that time I was thinking move the files from the first "foldr" into the second. Now I'm thinking it should be in reverse.

I'll be uploading the source for my "process again in about two hours. If yu look at the source you will see that anything that you do to the toc doesn't affect my code at all. I simply parse the hhc file.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Here's the way I think it should be laid out.

AutoIt3.chm

George