How to use Control ID in Control...() commands

sl_alagappan

• Administrators

the control id seem to be of in numeric form whereas the "classnameNN" is in string format.

any example of how to use control id instead of control names in control...() commands?

I think you just use strings containing numbers like "23". AutoItX converts this to a number and if it is valid (> 0) it tries to use it as a control ID.

Thanks Jon.

but found that, when I use ControlID for my Ramco application ( see my other postings in AutoitX forum reguarding ControlSend() ), crashes while sending {ENTER} keystroke.

intResult=cautiot.controlsend("Receipt","","1021","{ENTER}")

But when tested with notepad, no problem.

Could be problem with the specific application that I use. Never mind, since there is no problem when using with ControlName, i can manage.

• Administrators

Thanks Jon.

but found that, when I use ControlID for my Ramco application ( see my other postings in AutoitX forum reguarding ControlSend() ), crashes while sending {ENTER} keystroke.

intResult=cautiot.controlsend("Receipt","","1021","{ENTER}")

But when tested with notepad, no problem.

Could be problem with the specific application that I use. Never mind, since there is no problem when using with ControlName, i can manage.

It's entirely possible that there is another control on the page with the same ID and it could be that _that_ control crashes when ENTER is sent. If it works when you use some other method than the control ID then that seems to support that.