Space regain

mrbond007

I got some suggestions for you :)

-Empty Space Eraser:

****-Turn off computer whene it is finished

-Application Cleaner

****-Allow user to add files to clean

-Updater:(makes is easier to release bug fixes)

****-User option:

**************-Even the updater check for updates

-Task Manager:

****-User Options:

**************-Choose whene Space Regain cleans the pc(f.ex Every sunday, every week, month...)

**************-Registry Backup (Choose if TM shall make a registry backup, with a option to disable. and whene if shall.)

-"Right click shell(on a file)"

-Menu Shell:

****-Delete with space regain

****-Add to Custom Files Deleter

Edited by Chris86

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I think you should warn people this will disrupt Office installation, as it keeps trying to re-install something from original Office disk after running it. ; on 2 of 3 computers I tried; 1 restored by "Restore"; 1 restored from ghost.

too scared to try it agian; the one computer whre it worked OK, it seemed to be good;

Best, randall

this is caused by shellexecut-ing the uninstall string for some installed applications. I had this kind of problems before (probably a msi issue) but i'm currently working on a different uninstaller. it's too difficult to make a good one . Thanks you for the reply

Cheers

Baki

mrbond007, the problem randallc is experiencing is because your program deletes the log files present in "<windrive>:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA" - delete those files manually and randallc's experience will be immediately replicated...

I used to have the same problem with my program DiskMax... All you have to do is ensure that those files are not deleted. There are other programs like Office that behave like this when their log files are deleted: you'll know of them only when an user reports it to you...

• 3 months later...

A new version soon?

There is a bug at the download page, i can't upload any of my projects and i don't know if this has been fixed or not. All i can do is sit and wait ...

Same here. Maybe you can upload it somewhere else like, FileFront?

Another thing, does the new version now clear invalid keys or entries left by uninstalled softwares? I did a quick browse through the registry and i noticed huge amounts of invalid keys or entries left by softwares i uninstalled...even CCleaner did not clean those up :D

Monitoring traces left by uninstallers is a difficult thing todo at the moment, i'll do some research about it. I think i'll upload a new version as soon as the next version of AutoIt is released.

• 3 weeks later...

I give up.. I sat thru and tried about 5 times and each time even tho I know it was right it would not let me download it. If you can send it to me I will host it for you... :)

EDIT:Ok, I finally got to download it...

Pretty Sweet!! Thank You for sharing..

Edited by gesller

Great job. I did get an error when I click cancel after clicking 'clean' after analyzing in the application cleaner. An array error.

And how exactly did you get the cancel buttons to work? What did you do to make them actually abort the task? (I would really rather not go through a few thousand lines of code...)

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

I give up.. I sat thru and tried about 5 times and each time even tho I know it was right it would not let me download it. If you can send it to me I will host it for you... :)

EDIT:Ok, I finally got to download it...

Pretty Sweet!! Thank You for sharing..

Probably because the rapidshare server is busy, next time i will upload the file somewhere else.

Great job. I did get an error when I click cancel after clicking 'clean' after analyzing in the application cleaner. An array error.

And how exactly did you get the cancel buttons to work? What did you do to make them actually abort the task? (I would really rather not go through a few thousand lines of code...)

The code isn't perfect yet. When i call a function for example _Analyze_Traces(), i activate the oneventmode and then i set the cancel action to a certain button

Func _Analyze_Traces()
    Local $Files_In_Total, $Size_In_Total, $Files_In_Section, $Size_In_Section, $RecycleBin_Name, $Str
    For $i = 1 To 85
        $Str &= "="
    Next

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1); activate onevent mode
    GUICtrlSetData($Buttons[2], "Cancel"); change the text of the button
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent($Buttons[2], "_Cancel"); assign cancel function to the button

the scanning/cleaning loops uses while $Break = 0, so when you click on the cancel button, you get $Break =1 and in this case the loop ends and the operation gets canceled.

Edited by mrbond007

Will those minor problems affect the system?

Yes if for exmaple you didn't close all open applications like antivirus & firewall before cleaning, i also used beta to compile this script so it may not be that reliable.