Uninstall Script

I am very new to scripting yet throughly impressed with what Autoit is capiable of. I am trying to use it to run a simple uninstall for software that has no uninstall program. I am linking to the uninstall record found in Control Panel. Below is my basic script.

run ('C:\Windows\st6unst.exe -n "C:\Program Files\Vanguard\st6unst.log"')

winwaitactive ("Application Removal","Are you sure")

send ("!y}")

winwaitactive ("Shared Component","&Keep")

send ("!k")

This script runs fine...up to the final window. I have tried everything it seems but cant get the final window to close after the uninstall is finished. All that is required is a {SPACE} or {ENTER} to close the final window. Using send didnt work to close last window.

Another strange issue. I push my compiled .exe file remote computers with VNC. Oddly the script will run untill line 2. It activates the uninstall but dosnt click the buttons. This exact same script will work when ran locally...yet wont run when triggered by script remotely.

Apologies for such newbie questions. Very dedicated learning this program and using it within our IT department.

Kowala

Here is how my uninstall script has progressed. I have read the help file a couple times yet seem to be stuck on a windows focus issue. The first uninstall goes smooth. The second launches yet fails to do the ALT commands via send. I have verified that the "AVG 7." window dosnt have focus. I have tried the WinActivate to give the window focus without sucess. Something very odd is that if I run the script locally on the machine it works flawlessly. If I push the script out the same remote machine it hangs right after launching AVG uninstall.

Thank you for your continued patience. I am really enjoying what I have been learning off these boards.

Kowala

Run('C:\Windows\st6unst.exe -n "C:\Program Files\Vanguard\st6unst.log" -f -q')

;Sucessful unattended Vanguard Uninstall

Sleep(3000)

Run("c:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\setup.exe")

WinWait("AVG 7.","&Next")

WinActivate("AVG 7.","&Next")

Sleep(1000)

Send("!n")

Sleep(1000)

Send("!c")

Sleep(1000)

Send("!a")

Sleep(15000)

Send("!u")

Sleep(1000)

Send("!n")

Sleep(1000)

Send("!y")

Sleep(15000)

Send("{SPACE}")

Send("!o")

...if I run the script locally on the machine it works flawlessly. If I push the script out the same remote machine it hangs right after launching AVG uninstall...

How are you "pushing it" out?

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

How are you "pushing it" out?

I am using the VNC Scan software. It allows you copy a script and additional files to a client machine in a local directory.

Autoit Tags? Will research those.

Kowala

Autoit Tags? Will research those.

Kowala

you misunderstood me, probably the problem is that i dnt speek good english, however i meant when you give an autoit code

just use autoit bb code so you can have this

autoit code

look in BB code help when you are posting something