HELP: Using the mouse right button to copy text from the selected textfile name and paste it in the Outlook email body

Can AutoIT do this kind of stuff?

In my Outlook, I want to read the email and click on the REPLY button. After Outlook load the reply to email, I want to be able to right click on the body of the email and select the menu to copy/paste a specific category/file name and paste it to the email body. The menu would look something like this

scripts > Device > Manufacture > Model No. > Problem Type > List of Filenames.txt

For example:

Scripts > Printer > Brother > HL-1440 > Will not print > howto3.txt

The menu will be populated based on the name of the folder or files names under the Script directory as shown below for example:

For example, I could have the following:

C:/scripts/Printer/Brother/HL-1440/CannotPrint/

-Partial Prints.txt

-Clunking noise.txt

-IncompatibleToner.txt

-BrokenDrum.txt

C:/scripts/Printer/Brother/HL-1240

-Partial Prints.txt

-Clunking noise.txt

- IncompatibleToner.txt

-BrokenDrum.txt

C:/scripts/LCD/Viewsonic/VE155b/itemdefect

-Red Dots.txt

-Horizontal lines.txt

The reason for making the menu populate base on the folder or filename is due to frequent add and subtract or modified folder or filename. So, the name would have to be dynamic somehow.

Id also would like to try to take advantage of the XML feature but I don't want to get overly complicated and it can wait till later. For now, I just need to be able to copy/paste from text files to the email body in outlook using the mouses right-button menu. Can someone help me out or point me in the right direction so I can copy the codes and modify it to meet my need? I can read the code and I have somewhat good understanding of it. I don't quite know how to write up a brand new code without looking at the examples (poor memory...) Help would be greatly appreciated...

Steven

I don't quite know how to write up a brand new code without looking at the examples (poor memory...) Help would be greatly appreciated...

Steven

Open Autoit Helpfile and read it. There is a lot of nice examples.

I think better than popupmenu (it would be hard to do) will be some GUI with TreeView control. This GUI may be invoked from tray icon or by some hotkey.

Edited by Zedna

Open Autoit Helpfile and read it. There is a lot of nice examples.

Yes, help file do have a lot of examples but they are broken up in so many function. Basically, you would have to know what functions you need all together to accomplish something. I'm not even sure where to start to identify the function that I need. Make sense?

Yes, help file do have a lot of examples but they are broken up in so many function. Basically, you would have to know what functions you need all together to accomplish something. I'm not even sure where to start to identify the function that I need. Make sense?

Functions are categorized.

Also look at "Language reference" and "Tutorials" helpfile sections.

When I was Autoit3 noob then I sit up and read Autoit helpfile. There is all you need.

Here at forum don't expect to somenody make all for you.

Bring some starting script and you will get more help from this forum.

Functions are categorized.

Also look at "Language reference" and "Tutorials" helpfile sections.

When I was Autoit3 noob then I sit up and read Autoit helpfile. There is all you need.

Here at forum don't expect to somenody make all for you.

Bring some starting script and you will get more help from this forum.

All I needed was a direction and no, I don't expect anyone to do my work. Well then, Captain, I'm going to spend the rest of my memorial afternoon reading the help file (again) and see if i can figure this one one. Hopefully, I'll have something that would work and post it here for feedback.

Thank you!

-Steven

PS. What's the meaning of NOOB? I know it has something to do with "newbie" cos I see it under my handle name and it's really insulting! *kidding*

PS. What's the meaning of NOOB? I know it has something to do with "newbie" cos I see it under my handle name and it's really insulting! *kidding*

I'm not native English speaker so it's my fault with noob/newbie sorry.

No offence from my above posts.

I gave you good meaning suggestions where to start only.

Look here for "similar" question - how to build menu from file names.

No offence from my above posts.

I gave you good meaning suggestions where to start only.

Zedna..

You did NOT insult me. I was teasing about the "NOOB". Really, I am a NEWBIE! or NOOB in your language.. HA! Ok.. I'm looking into your example at the moment... Once I'm done looking at it, I'm going to put it on hold and go back to help file again... Wow, I am having my ADHD moments today. Ha-ha!

Thanks

Steven