AutoIT exe detected as virus

You should be more worried about yourself, theres a bug going around called Autoitoba and when you get it, you code like mad.

Explain more?

AutoItOba: A wasting disease characterized by long hours spent on the AutoIt forums, lack of sleep, and diminished social life. Advanced cases have actually changed their names to things like "Zedna", "SmOke_N", "Psal, etc...

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hi,

does anyone have this problem. Most of my script are writen in AutoIT is now being detected as virus by Symantec antivirus with virus def date of 5/30/2007.

what should I do now?

Thanks

A

I have Symantec Antivirus 10 with def dated 5/30/2007 rev 20 and I don't have any problems. Are you sure the problem isn't a virus on your machine? Edited by PaulIA
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

really? what version of autoit are you using to compile your scripts?

Edit: Just update to 3.2.4.9 and still have no problems.

Edit II: I'm using the default Unicode compiler too, if that makes any difference.

Edited by PaulIA

oh, thanks I'll try that. But we got the answer from symantec and they'll fix it

===================================

Security Response is aware of a False Positive in some AutoIT scripts that are detected as MSN.Flooder

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/...-050916-1048-99

Detection has been corrected in RR Seq 69177 and higher and should be available within an hour. Security Response has also made plans to publish a second set of certified definitions today with the corrected detections.

ETA for the second LiveUpdate is 9PM.

oh, thanks I'll try that. But we got the answer from symantec and they'll fix it

===================================

Security Response is aware of a False Positive in some AutoIT scripts that are detected as MSN.Flooder

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/...-050916-1048-99

Detection has been corrected in RR Seq 69177 and higher and should be available within an hour. Security Response has also made plans to publish a second set of certified definitions today with the corrected detections.

ETA for the second LiveUpdate is 9PM.

I don't see where they are mentioning AutoIt in the link. Where did you get the info about RR Seq 69177?

We have a case open with Symantec for files compiled using v3.2.2.0, which are being flagged as well.

I'm testing the other versions to see which others are affected.

Will keep everyone posted on any progress.

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]

SAV Defs have been updated to 5/30/2007 rev. 41, which no longer flag v3.2.2.0 EXEs as being infected. :)

I never had a chance to test other versions since that was the only one we used, and have been busy recompiling/redeploying dozens of utilities to thousands of systems. :)

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]