Sign in to follow this  
Drew

How do you get the mouse to search for a pixel color?

Drew

I don't understand how to make the cursor search for a certain given color and click it.

**Also , once I do figure that first part out, what if there are 2 of the exact same color , how will it know which to pick?

EDIT

and while im at it on asking stupid questions , (i already tried looking in the help dept. so please don't shoo me off there.)

How would i make a message window that I created , stay on top...

and whats the func. to start with a hotkey...

Edited by Drew

thetwistedpanda

Opt("PixelCoordMode", 2)
#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("Pixel Search", 200, 200, Default, Default)
GUICtrlCreateIcon(@ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoIt3\Icons\au3.ico", -1, 76, 64, 48, 48)
GUISetState()

$Pixel = PixelSearch(25, 25, 150, 150, "0x6097D1", 5, 1)

If Not @Error Then
    MsgBox(4096, "Pixel Results", "X: " & $Pixel[0] & ", Y: " & $Pixel[1])
EndIf

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $msg
    Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop
    EndSwitch
WEnd

GUIDelete()
Exit

I'll give this one a shot. The help file basically states that in order for PixelSearch to work, you need a rectangle (i.e, 4 separate points). A left point, a high point, a right point, and a low point, making a rectangle if there were lines drawn.

I don't know if the above example will work, but it should. PixelSearch is going to search inside of the rectangle I provided for a certain color, say "0x6097D1". There's a 'shade variation' of 5, which means it's not going to be exact, but it's going to be very close.

From the help file: "The search is performed left-to-right, top-to-bottom and the first match is returned." - this should answer the question concerning multiple colors. Once it finds the appropriate color (or shade variant), it returns a two-element array of the pixel's coordinates (In this case, $Pixel[0] and $Pixel[1]).

Now that the coordinates are found, making it click is relatively easy: MouseClick("left", $Pixel[0], $Pixel[1], 1, 10) for example. It would be wise to include this line of code inside of the If Not @Error Then statement, as if the color is not found, this will produce a lovely error.

*Edit* - I seem to have skipped a question haha. If you mean message window as in MsgBox(), I have no idea, but for a gui, you could try $WS_EX_TOPMOST in the Gui's extended style section thing *End Edit*

And to answer your final question, I believe you're looking for HotKeySet ( "key" [, "function"] )

Hope this helps - If not, I'm sure more experienced members will be along within the next four to eight hours to help ya out.

Edited by thetwistedpanda

Drew

No , your doing just fine. lol , im somewhat understanding this ( but im new so yeah ).

Couple questions, Whered did you come up with "certain color, say "0x6097D1"". Or how did you come up with that color i mean. I think I understand on pixel coordinates for a particular rect. for it to search it. That sounds simple. I just don't know how to get the ###'s for a color.

Drew

WOW ... I think i answered my own question this time. AutoIt Window Info works WONDERS lol. I love autoit :)

thetwistedpanda

WOW ... I think i answered my own question this time. AutoIt Window Info works WONDERS lol. I love autoit :)

Haha Yep, that's what I used.

Drew

alright that didn't take long.. back for help. In your example it has these for the 4 rect. points ( 25, 25, 150, 150 )

I thought a mouse point had two coordinates ( x, y ) so that would take 2 numbers eg: 5,731

I don't understand how one number represents a position on the screen >< I have to be missing something unless you only need one coordinate ( x or y ) for one corner. I'm in a state of confusion atm , please help ><

EDIT

whats STEP , on the last part of all that

[, step]] )

Edited by Drew

Drew

Heres the code I have so far.

CODE
Opt("MouseClickDragDelay", 5000)

Opt("PixelCoordMode", 2)

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("Pixel Search", 200, 200, Default, Default)

GUICtrlCreateIcon(@ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoIt3\Icons\au3.ico", -1, 76, 64, 48, 48)

GUISetState()

PixelSearch ( 5, 138, 796, 615, 0x745028 [, 5] [, 1]] )

If Not @Error Then

MsgBox(4096, "Pixel Results", "X: " & $Pixel[0] & ", Y: " & $Pixel[1])

EndIf

While 1

$msg = GUIGetMsg()

Switch $msg

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

ExitLoop

EndSwitch

WEnd

GUIDelete()

Exit

I copied and pasted and filled in what I thought I needed to. Here are the coordinates of the window I want it to search in:

Top Left: 5,138

Top Right: 796, 141

Bottom left: 19, 615

Bottom Right: 793, 628

So I don't know If I used the right coordinates in my codeing , I guessed on whether to use X , or Y at each left, right, top, bottom point. This is the Error I recieved:

PixelSearch ( 5, 138, 796, 615, 0x745028 [, 5] [, 1]] )

PixelSearch ( 5, 138, 796, 615, 0x745028^ERROR

or something like that. I'm confused once again :). I don't understand where I went wrong.

Drew

i still badly need help with this ><

Jos

@Drew,

You would help yourself tremendiously when you first try to learn to walk before starting to run .....

Learn about proper AutoIt3 syntax first ..

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Drew

Well i just typed Autoit3 Syntax into the help search and it didn't give me anything about it.

Can ya just try and explain what i need to know lol. I learn by practice.

Jos

Well i just typed Autoit3 Syntax into the help search and it didn't give me anything about it.

Can ya just try and explain what i need to know lol. I learn by practice.

start here

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Drew

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i tried that already. couldn't even get past the basic exam.

Drew

okay i tried that again... the voice is shit and i can't understand any of it... therefor useless to me.

I still need help :)

Jos

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i tried that already. couldn't even get past the basic exam.

Now what did that tell you ? :)

okay i tried that again... the voice is shit and i can't understand any of it... therefor useless to me.

I still need help :)

Goto Start:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.