Artificial Intelligence - Bot path finding

Toady

Hallman, I'm having some trouble with your script. When I clear every wall square and and press "Go!" then SciTe gives me this error:

C:\Pathing_GUI_TEST.au3 (358) : ==> Array variable subscript badly formatted.: 
If DllStructGetData($data[$x][$y-1],"value") <> "x" And Not _IsInClosedList($closedlist,$data[$x][$y-1]) And Not _IsInOpenList($openlist,$data[$x][$y-1]) Then 
If DllStructGetData($data[$x][^ ERROR
->22:56:15 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1

Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Just tested it, this error comes every time, when I make only one path for it to find or delete every wall square.

Your using old code, please get the newest one that is posted.

www.itoady.com

A* (A-star) Searching Algorithm - A.I. Artificial Intelligence bot path finding

Yes they are in a bad place, I will update the gui to fix this. This badly formatted array is caused from the searching going out of bounds. Ease fix.

please note that I made the example very quick and dirty and wasn't expecting it to be used as the "official" example. Otherwise I would have done more work :)

PLEASE READ

GUI is fixed now, you can now place things on outer parameter. There is error checking so you should not see anymore errors. Also added a timer to see how long it takes bot to find the path. ENJOY!

Thats cool. Much better. Now it's more ... user friendly which is something I tend to overlook :)

Hallman

Edited by Hallman

please note that I made the example very quick and dirty and wasn't expecting it to be used as the "official" example. Otherwise I would have done more work :)

Thats cool. Much better. Now it's more ... user friendly which is something I tend to overlook :)

Hallman

No prob, you made my job easier, I scrapped the gui that I was making and thought yours will do the job nicely.

www.itoady.com

UPDATE:

Added the option to select the searching heuristic. You can choose between Manhattan distance or Euclidean distance. I apologize for all these updates.

Manhattan - make bot move in an L shape, fast.

Euclidean - make bot move in a diagonal fashion towards goal, a little slower than manhattan

www.itoady.com

UPDATE:

Added the option to select the searching heuristic. You can choose between Manhattan distance or Euclidean distance. I apologize for all these updates.

Manhattan - make bot move in an L shape, fast.

Euclidean - make bot move in a diagonal fashion towards goal, a little slower than manhattan

Can you please do one more update so that it doesnt keep shutting off.

Thanks

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Nice work!

Suggestion: Save and Load paths.

lol I just wanted to show everyone the A * searching algorithm and how it works. Its supposed to inspire other people to use it in any fashion they choose. No point in saving paths and such, the gui is just an example to explain the algorithm, its not supposed to be a full blown app. :)

Thanks, Im glad you like it!

www.itoady.com

Thanks, Now I understand the methods better and how it acts.

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Nice job, Toady (and Hallman)! I'd been wondering what the best method would be in AutoIt to search out a path around barriers, this is quite timely! It's even a nice-looking example now for people like me to enjoy tinkering with...thanks :)

"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110

That's better.

Nice. When will 3D support be added?

Your welcome. Im leaving the 3D stuff to anyone else who wants to do it. The point of this thread is to show how using A * Searching can be used in the real world. The GUI is just to help understand how it works. Would you be willing in creating a 3D version? I lack the interest in it.

www.itoady.com

Nice.

I was wondering. could you rearrange and simplify this into a UDF so I can do the 3D thing?

thanks

Nice.

I was wondering. could you rearrange and simplify this into a UDF so I can do the 3D thing?

thanks

Every thing below the gui stuff in my code is all you need. I have commented this very well. This cant be simply made into a UDF, a lot of changes need to be made to account for 3D space.

www.itoady.com

Every thing below the gui stuff in my code is all you need. I have commented this very well. This cant be simply made into a UDF, a lot of changes need to be made to account for 3D space.

lol, well I have a lot to do then. Thanks.