IS AutoIt capable of this?

Before diving into the syntax (first time user) I'd like to know if AutoIt is capable of doing something. I need 2 things primarily, extract the domain name from an URL, and read and write to an ini file with [foo] type headers. I've written out what I want to do in prose:

Required actions for a "Edit site user CSS" function

-------------------------------------------------

Site: http://example.com/file.htm

Call the script with "http://example.com/file.htm" as the command line parameter.

Extract the domain name ("example.com").

Parse the [Overrides] section in c:\apps\opera 9.10\profile\override.ini for an "example.com" entry.

If found, find the [example.com] section, parse it for an "User Prefs|Local CSS File" entry, if present change the value to "C:\apps\opera 9.10\styles\example.com.css", if not found append "User Prefs|Local CSS File=C:\apps\opera 9.10\styles\example.com.css" to the end of the [example.com] section.

If not found append a "example.com" line to the [Overrides] section and append this section to the end of the override.ini file:

[example.com]

User Prefs|Local CSS File=C:\apps\opera 9.10\styles\example.com.css

Open "C:\apps\opera 9.10\styles\example.com.css" in UltraEdit.

Is AutoIt capable of doing this?

AutoIt has plenty of String manipulation functions and dedicated INI file functions.

Easily done.

And, welcome to AutoIt!

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law