RunWait(@ComSpec...) not moving on to next command

The commands below work when executed as an Au3 .exe, but each after each line completes, the cmd window stays open until I manually close it. Then the next command begins. I've tried with just the "Run" command but it tries to run them all quickly and exits. What did do wrong and how can I get it to run each line without user interaction?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

I got the command lines from: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase...x.cfm?id=330817

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /k msiexec /p C:\Adobe709\705efgj\Ac705StVP_efgj.msp REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=all REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qn", "", @SW_MINIMIZE)
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /k msiexec /p C:\Adobe709\707\Acro707.msp REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=all REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qn", "", @SW_MINIMIZE)
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /k msiexec /p C:\Adobe709\708\Acro708.msp REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=all REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qn", "", @SW_MINIMIZE)
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /k msiexec /p C:\Adobe709\709\Acro709.msp REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=all REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qn", "", @SW_MINIMIZE)

EDIT: ...sorry about the line wrapping. Users keep popping in and I barely had time to post.

Edited by stev379

The commands below work when executed as an Au3 .exe, but each after each line completes, the cmd window stays open until I manually close it. Then the next command begins. I've tried with just the "Run" command but it tries to run them all quickly and exits. What did do wrong and how can I get it to run each line without user interaction?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

I got the command lines from: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase...x.cfm?id=330817

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /k msiexec /p C:\Adobe709\705efgj\Ac705StVP_efgj.msp REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=all REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qn", "", @SW_MINIMIZE)
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /k msiexec /p C:\Adobe709\707\Acro707.msp REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=all REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qn", "", @SW_MINIMIZE)
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /k msiexec /p C:\Adobe709\708\Acro708.msp REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=all REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qn", "", @SW_MINIMIZE)
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /k msiexec /p C:\Adobe709\709\Acro709.msp REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=all REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qn", "", @SW_MINIMIZE)

EDIT: ...sorry about the line wrapping. Users keep popping in and I barely had time to post.

Comspec /c... not /k

Please correct me if I am wrong in any of my posts. I like learning from my mistakes too.

• Moderators

Did you try:

" /c msiexec

Instead of:

" /k msiexec

?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Comspec /c... not /k

Did you try:

" /c msiexec

Instead of:

" /k msiexec

?

Thanks!

I did try that in one my tests earlier today. They closed, but didn't move on. I've made a few other edits along the way since then. Perhaps I missed something else that I have since corrected, as this is the only issue the install currently has. I'll try again and let you know.

Cheers!

You don't need @comspec /c at all, as you are not running a shell command (like DIR, etc.) Msiexec.exe is a program. Just run it like you would any other program.

Be aware though, application installers will sometimes spawn child processes and terminate. Which means your RunWait returns even though the installation isn't done yet. You might consider using WMI to make sure no processes still exist which have a parent process id which matches the process ID of your installer program.

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]