gui project help

hi all

iv been looking at some of the other post but cant relay find any that help me out. im a masters student :) and have just started my dissertation any way iv been looking around and found Autoit3 (wow ace program) and have begun to learn the scripting language, but not having to much success in getting it to do what i want. :)

im trying to make a good yet simple gui however first id like to make a splash screen that shows the details of the software thats loading, then links on to my gui after a few seconds can any one help with this???

tar

When is the software loading, how many softwares are loading, what softwares are loading? Please give us more information. But I'm thinking you are looking for ProgressOn(), ProgressSet(), ProgressOff() and basic GUI creation functions.

When is the software loading, how many softwares are loading, what softwares are loading? Please give us more information. But I'm thinking you are looking for ProgressOn(), ProgressSet(), ProgressOff() and basic GUI creation functions.

well this is what i have tried so far

; location of a picture in the windows folder.

$destination = @Systemdir & "\oobe\images\mslogo.jpg"

; splash the image on the screen.

SplashImageOn(" WIP IT (Data Deletion Program) ", $destination,250,50)

Sleep(5000); wait for the image to display 5 seconds.

SplashOff()

; turn the splash off.

$file = FileOpen("test.au3", 0)

; Check if file opened for reading OK

If $file = -1 Then

MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.")

Exit

EndIf

but it don't seem to load my file test.au3 relay i wont it all in one so the splash screen loads displays info and pic then the rest of the gui loads. any thoughts???