Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest zlep

Uninstall Software with AutoIt

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am new to Autoit.

Can I use It for automated Software Uninstall?

I want to write a Script that uninstalls a specific Apllication via-'login-Script/Autoit' if I login as a special user.

Finally I just need to know how to start the uninstallation process via autoit, since the software I want to remove has no 'uninstall.exe' file

thank you

zlep

I found another solution

Myuninstaller (http://members.lycos.co.uk/nirsoft1/utils/myuninst.html)

gave me the exact link to the .exe file and argument I have to call from AutoIt to uninstall the software

thx

I am nrew to Autolt, HOw do you read in the uninstall string and execute it.

I have found the string. Do I just execute each line in the uinstall log file with RunWait.

My guess is that this utility reads the UninstallString in the registry...  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The UninstallString is the command that windows Add/Remove Programs dialog executes to uninstall an application. Read the manual on how to use RegRead and as larry suggested, search the forum as this topic has been handled before.

*** Matt @ MPCS

I have been searching the forum for the past hour. I little more would be great, because I have not gotten any further than I was an hour ago.

Thanks

The UninstallString is the command that windows Add/Remove Programs dialog executes to uninstall an application. Read the manual on how to use RegRead and as larry suggested, search the forum as this topic has been handled before.

*** Matt @ MPCS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RTFM