Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonathanChan

Sub-Procedure

4 posts in this topic

Hello...

I'm upgrading from AutoIt 2 to AutoIt 3... I have this script that has this subprocedure that i access using Goto. How would i go about doing it without goto? I don't want to copy and paste this thing in the code 1 dozen times... The code is something like this (except 10x more complicated):

(nevermind the incorrect syntax and incorrect commands of this code... it's just an example... it's like AUT and AU3 code in 1 file... :ph34r: messy... sorry...i don't want to grab the whole thing)..

Do
click, 35, 35
send, etc. etc. etc.
If windowstitle = "bad popup" then goto subprocedure
$test = $test + 1
Until $test = 10

Do
Click, 62,235
send, etc. etc. etc.
If windowstitle = "bad popup" then goto subprocedure
$test = $test + 1
Until $test = 10

:subprocedure
RightClick, 23, 34
etc. etc.
return

This is just an example... but in my real working copy... :subprocedure is like 100 lines and the other parts of the script is much more complicated... Any help much appreciated... Thanks!

Jonathan Chan

Hi,

Read the manual about procedures ?

Andre

What about Windows without using AutoIt ?It would be the same as driving a car without an steering Wheel!

Autoit 3 have "functions" which you can use instead goto calls which returns into same place. It much more clean and flexible way. For example your pseudo-code will looks like:

Do
click, 35, 35
send, etc. etc. etc.
If windowstitle = "bad popup" then subprocedure ()
$test = $test + 1
Until $test = 10

Do
Click, 62,235
send, etc. etc. etc.
If windowstitle = "bad popup" then subprocedure ()
$test = $test + 1
Until $test = 10

Func subprocedure ()
  RightClick, 23, 34
  etc. etc.
EndFunc

BTW very similar example exists in the very good file located in the Autot folder - AutoIt.chm :ph34r:

Autoit 3 have "functions" which you can use instead goto calls which returns into same place. It much more clean and flexible way. For example your pseudo-code will looks like:

BTW very similar example exists in the very good file located in the Autot folder - AutoIt.chm  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry! I was reading the manual and i freaked when Jon said that goto was evil and bad... I thought he got rid of the whole thing altogether... Didn't see anything about procedures... Thanks!

Jonathan Chan