AutoIt for IE

Hi Guys,

I am new to AutoIt, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to automate following:

1) Selecting a web page from favourites

2) Selecting a web page from history

3) Automating Google toolbar search

I have written following script:

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate ("localhost/Page1.html")

Sleep( 2000 )

; launch URL from different plugin ie google toolbar

For $i = 2 to 1 Step -1

Send("{TAB}")

Next

Sleep( 2000 )

Send("Microsoft")

Sleep( 2000 )

Send("{ENTER}")

Sleep( 2000 )

; Select URL from favourites

Send( "^i" )

Sleep( 2000 )

Send("{DOWN}")

Sleep( 2000 )

Send("{ENTER}")

Sleep( 2000 )

Send( "^i" )

Sleep( 2000 )

; open URL in new window

For $i = 3 to 1 Step -1

Send("{TAB}")

Next

Sleep( 2000 )

Send("{ENTER}")

Sleep( 2000 )

Send("!{F4}")

Sleep(2000)

;select URL from history

Send( "^h" )

Sleep( 2000 )

Send("{ENTER}")

Sleep( 2000 )

Send( "^h" )

Sleep( 2000 )

_IEQuit ($oIE)

This script works fine for me as long as i keep the active window as IE launched by AutoIt, I have to run this script with nightly build and my program crashes when i am trying to use the above script with nightly builds.

Please let me know if there is any alternative solution available????

Thanking you in anticipation

I think it would be easier to just navigate to the addresses, rather than select them from your favorites.

EDIT: To clarify, use _IENavigate and navigate to the URLs.

Edited by GMK

"my program crashes" is not a very precise description of your trouble. I therefore cannot give you any precise advice other than to suggest you look into using ControlSend instead of Send to avoid issues with window focus.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I tried using ControlSend but it is failing to select the enter button in the second ControlSend call from the below script

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate ("localhost/Page1.html")

Sleep( 2000 )

; launch URL from different plugin ie google toolbar

For $i = 2 to 1 Step -1

ControlSend("http://localhost/Page1.html - Microsoft Internet Explorer","","Search Box1","{TAB}")

Next

Sleep( 2000 )

ControlSend("http://localhost/Page1.html - Microsoft Internet Explorer","","Search Box1","{ENTER}")

I think it would be great if you tried out the [ autoit ] [ /autoit ] tags. (remove the spaces)

Edited by AutoItKing
http://www.autoitking.co.nr Site is DOWN | My deviantART | No Topic Topic - Don't do it!-------------------- UDF's/Scripts:AutoIt: [BenEditor 3.6] [_ShutDown()]PHP: [CommentScript]Web Based AutoIt: [MemStats] [HTML to AU3] [User LogIn and SignUp script]

Perhaps you're sending to the wrong control...

I presume you are trying to do something like this:

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreate()
$hwnd = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd")
ControlSend($hwnd, "", "[CLASS:ATL:03167AF8; INSTANCE:1]", "FooBar")
Sleep(100)
ControlSend($hwnd, "", "[CLASS:ATL:03167AF8; INSTANCE:1]", "{ENTER}")

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble