Control Text

Real quick question. Without displaying all of my code, here is a snippet that more or less tries to do the same thing. I want to get the text of a control that has focus. In this codes case I want to get the text from the start button. The Window Info tool says the Start Button has "Start" as the text. So why doesn't this work?

AutoItSetOption("WinDetectHiddenText", 1)
$var = ControlGetText("", "", 304)
MsgBox(0, "Start Button Text", $var)

use the class since there is no window name

c2--><!--Ck9wdCgmcXVvdDtXaW5UaXRsZU1hdGNoTW9kZSZxdW90OywgNCkKQXV0b0l0U2V0T3B0aW9uKCZxdW90O1dpbkRldGVjdEhpZGRl
blRleHQmcXVvdDssIDEpCiYjMDM2O3ZhciA9IENvbnRyb2xHZXRUZXh0KCZxdW90O2NsYXNzbmFtZT1TaGVsbF9UcmF5V25kJnF1
b3Q7LCAmcXVvdDsmcXVvdDssIDMwNCkKTXNnQm94KDAsICZxdW90O1N0YXJ0IEJ1dHRvbiBUZXh0JnF1b3Q7LCAmIzAzNjt2YXIp
Cg==--><!--eg

did that work for you?

That it did. Thanks for the clarification on that.

use the class since there is no window name

c2--><!--Ck9wdCgmcXVvdDtXaW5UaXRsZU1hdGNoTW9kZSZxdW90OywgNCkKQXV0b0l0U2V0T3B0aW9uKCZxdW90O1dpbkRldGVjdEhpZGRl
blRleHQmcXVvdDssIDEpCiYjMDM2O3ZhciA9IENvbnRyb2xHZXRUZXh0KCZxdW90O2NsYXNzbmFtZT1TaGVsbF9UcmF5V25kJnF1
b3Q7LCAmcXVvdDsmcXVvdDssIDMwNCkKTXNnQm94KDAsICZxdW90O1N0YXJ0IEJ1dHRvbiBUZXh0JnF1b3Q7LCAmIzAzNjt2YXIp
Cg==--><!--eg

did that work for you?

To continue down this line of questioning, what command or UDF can I use to find the class name of the window that has focus?