Automating Printer Toner Levels

Well it runs without any error. I guess if it ran into one it would pop up ?

I still get all the &nspb; stuff before the xx% I am running WinXP and Office2003, shouldn't matter like you said.

I does not bother me since I have no clue :rolleyes:

Are you one of the Jon's friends. I was going to donate some money for the hosting bill. It's the least I can do.

It outputs error messages into Scite, and error words into the xls if it cant find the printer, make a 3-4 item list, and make one address invalid to see what I mean.

If you post me the code and the debug output in scite, I can tell you why you get the   stuff.

You could say we're all his friends, though I've never said one word to him. If you want to donate, feel free, maybe it'll get you and me on Jon and Valik's good side.

Edited by Zacharot

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will !

Hey, of course you know I have a ton of respect for you, so I was wondering about some stuff.

If I wanted to start learning some programming, what should I start with ? C++ or something else ?

I'm 36 and I do have a lot of experience, MCSE, Exchange, CISCO - VOIP.

I just never got into programming, as you can tell, I don't know even the basics of the commands you used or even the flow the that script.

What is your advice ?

Thanks

Start in Autoit, start with that very script, and when you understand it, extend it, recode it, retool it, modify it, hack it.

If you've ever programmed a cisco router, it's much the same, it's a script that goes from line to line, executing as it goes. I dont know if cisco has loops, but it's all just logic. follow the logic from line to line, Read it, as if it were english, and you will hopefully get it.

I'm 24 :rolleyes: