Pondering: flick slider

Was sitting around thinking about projects to write other than fixing the bugs in my current ones :rolleyes: and wondered what the code would look like to do a flick function....

Of course it would need to be applied against a control with scroll bars, and I figured you'd need to have:

1. a drag/fade timer

2. the start mouse coord

3. the last mouse coord.

The vector stuff is a bit beyond me but getting the scroll to continue and fade to a stop is what the timer would be for.

Someone would start a drag and the drag timer would kick in...then when the drag finished, the timer would stop (in order to determine mouse speed). The start and end points of the mous ecursor would then need to be evaluated for direction. An equation would need to be done to calculate the next mousepoint position related to the fade timer.

Has anyone played around with, written or thought about something like this (in AutoIT)?

TIA

Sean Shrum :: http://www.shrum.net

All my published AU3-based apps and utilities

'Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot'

I don't even understand what you are requesting? Are you saying you want to shake your autoit gui around and have the controls move around? Or do you want the gui contents to shift left and right?

Anything really...GUIs, control contents....anything that can be moved (or 'tossed')

Think of it this way....you have a list control with alot of stuff in it...scrollbars on the side for moving up and down the content...lets say you 'flick' the rows and have them slide up or down. That's what I'm talking about

Of even flicking a whole window...

I have touchscreens in my office and car...I'll be getting a touchscreen+stylus tablet as soon as they hit the market enmass.

I'm sure you've seen the iPhone ads...that type of interaction

Edited by sshrum

Sean Shrum :: http://www.shrum.net

All my published AU3-based apps and utilities

'Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot'