Getting Position Coords in a game, possible?

I can think of two solutions.

The first and most effecient would be to refernce the game memory and read it directly, however many games have protection in place to detect anyone doing this. I would recommend instead to just create an OCR to read the CoOrds and output them to your script, this way you can avoid the possibilty of getting Banned. The main drawback to an OCR is speed, if you are playing an action game it could be problematic, however if it is an MMO then it will work fine.

There is always a butthead in the crowd, no matter how hard one tries to keep them out.......Volly

I can think of two solutions.

The first and most effecient would be to refernce the game memory and read it directly, however many games have protection in place to detect anyone doing this. I would recommend instead to just create an OCR to read the CoOrds and output them to your script, this way you can avoid the possibilty of getting Banned. The main drawback to an OCR is speed, if you are playing an action game it could be problematic, however if it is an MMO then it will work fine.

Well, I think I mislead you with my question. I wanted to Input my own specific coords in to the script....and then the script actually does it in game for me. I already know the coordinates I want to use from the game, so its just a matter of figuring out how to make my script make my character move to that coordinate. What is an OCR btw?

The game uses coordinates and it is very precise depending on where I move. How can I extract this information to use it for my code? I mean, I can look in the game and see what my X, Y coordinates are....but I dont know how to tell my code to move my character to that X, Y position in the game.

My goal is to use the coordinates to move my character around in a specific sequence.

Thanks for any help.

i dono if its posible todo that, youl need to tell the script on what way to turn your charecter so that you go neare that coordinates, so its important to learn the script how to recognize where is west.... south... and others, also youl need to set to lower resolution of the game like 800*600 so that you can doo easy PixelSearch on coordinates 4 every number to test it on every pixel that that number have, so if you have x:2500 y:-2528, your gona have alot of work ^^

and then youl need something like, when character stops to read coordinates if he isnt neare them to turn to the left... or what ever, then there is another problem, you can get stuck on some object ^^, so i think that its almosti inposible...

So ofLight whas right, its important to know on what kinde of game r you planing to cheat :rolleyes:

its important to know how is your charecter gooing foward, if its on mouseclick only with no left or right on kboard that can b problem, if its on arrow left right up down (buttons a, d, w, s) youl need to see and canculate his speed to see how many seconds he needs from one coordinates to another in straight line, and then youl know the time script needs to hold that button so that character come x2200 to x2500. Something like if your char position is at -1250 turn the charester to west and hold down "W" 30 seconds to get to -850....

Finding the memory location that holds your ingame position, and writing your new position to that memory(probably wont work if it's an online game, as the server stores your position, and you cant change that without hacking the server - which is illegal).

otherwise you must find some kind of way to move your character ingame(using send/mouseclick/etc.)

there's a world of warcraft bot around here that does just that, search for it and have a look(but he gets his current position from a lua script combined with pixelgetcolor)

Well, I think I mislead you with my question. I wanted to Input my own specific coords in to the script....and then the script actually does it in game for me. I already know the coordinates I want to use from the game, so its just a matter of figuring out how to make my script make my character move to that coordinate. What is an OCR btw?

An OCR is an Optical Character Recognition script, basicly you create a script that will recognize the ingame text. Once you have a Realtime output of that you can give your script the CoOrds you want to move to and it will compare the two numbers and determine if you need to move N S E or W and by aproxamatly how much. Then the script will move you (by clicking ingame, arrow keys, or whatever).

then there is another problem, you can get stuck on some object

Because your script will be recieving a live output of your current CoOrds the script will be able to see if your CoOrds have not changed by a signifacant amount in a given time interaval, If this is the case a simple "unstuck script" manuvar can be executed. Although this doesnt work with some situations, ive found in most games MOST objects can be easaly manuvared around, and the more complex Obstacles can be programed into your CoOrd system to be Avoided all together.

Finding the memory location that holds your ingame position, and writing your new position to that memory(probably wont work if it's an online game, as the server stores your position, and you cant change that without hacking the server - which is illegal).

Sorry I wasnt clear about what I meant :rolleyes: . I meant to just read the CoOrds from memory, not to actually WRITE to the memory (although reading memory will SOMETIMES get you Banned, WRITEing will almost ALWAYS get you banned). Ive never seen a Game that cant Easly be manipulated with a movement script, the problem is knowing Where to move to... thus the need to know the CoOrds.

There is always a butthead in the crowd, no matter how hard one tries to keep them out.......Volly

I knew what you meant. You're assuming it's an online game, I'm not.

You could easily get banned from just reading from the process memory, as it's nearly the same procedure to write to the process memory(I know, I have been from vac doing this).

Edit:

If you could read your position from the game, I guess you could make the script move left to right/forward and back, etc. depending on the position you want to go too, and then if you expect it to move to the left, but haven't you probably hit an obstruction and then you have to someway move around it.

Edited by FreeFry

You're assuming it's an online game, I'm not.

Your right... .. .My Skewed perspective... . Thats all i Play :rolleyes:

You could easily get banned from just reading from the process memory, as it's nearly the same procedure to write to the process memory(I know, I have been from vac doing this).

I agree FreeFry thats why my prefered method is OCR.

Hehe, sorry I didn't mean to be offensive. :rolleyes:

But ain't OCR's quite unreliable? :|

Edit:

I've never used one so I don't know...

But they do rely heavily on the background colors of the coords you're scanning don't they?

Edited by FreeFry

Not at all, it just depends on How much of Each Character you are Recognizeing. You can Make your script 100% reliable.. however it will slow it down the more reliable you make it. There are other Tradeoffs you can make to speed it up as well, such as only looking for the characters you need. Such as in a CoOrd system you will only need 0-9 and maybe 4 letters. With the Vanguard CoOrd system I never had any Problems with Speed.

But they do rely heavily on the background colors of the coords you're scanning don't they?

yes they do, and for Vanguard that was a Major Obstacle, because the Numbers were not at 100% Opacity the background colors blead through. At the time there were No GUI addons that solved this issue, so i made my character recognition capable of Tolerating Shade-Vareiation. Edited by ofLight

Sorry, what I meant was, that they are quite unreliable when it comes to applications that have a varying background(for example almost any game), when a script depends heavily on the performance of the script execution time.