Audio Player - I need help in lyric search

I'd like to thank first the creators of Autoit3. This is awesome scripting language!

Thanks to its really helpful Autoit Help file anyone without any programming backgrounds like me can learn Autoit3 in weeks.

Well here's the first script i made to practice Autoit. It's an audio player with some basic functions:

1. Play/pause, stop, skip tracks.

2. Random play, Loop track

3. Volume control

4. Import PLS and M3U playlists.

5. Load single/multiple audio files by folder/subfolder.

6. Display and save the lyrics of the playing song.

You can also edit and save any changes you make to the lyrics.

This works by navigating to a website (www.azlyrics.com) for the lyrics and saves it on a .txt file for later use.

Because i have Leoslyrics Plugin for Winamp installed, i also have sript search for lyrics saved in that plugin directory. However, this only works if the audio files are named in this format: "Artist - Title".

Lucky for me because all of my mp3's are named that way. But that means it may work just form me =(.

Here's where i need help:

How can i retrieve song information from mp3 tags so that i can use the tag info for lyrics searches instead of the filename?I would also like to implement a more reliable way of searching lyrics in a lyrics database(eg. leoslyrics.com). How can i do that in autotit? The reason i chose azlyrics for my searches is because their webpage is simple and loads fast on my dialup.I know this is a silly way to search for lyrics and that there are better, faster, more accurate ways but this is all i have learned from weeks of reading the Autoit Helpfile.

The functions in my script i think are not very efficient and effective so any ideas to improve it is very welcome.

I would also like to know what exactly are the types of audio files that "Soundplay" supports.

Why an audio player? Because i play songs all the time and i want a lightweigt player.(note: this player only have about 1000k of Mem usage opposed to more than 15000k used by other players) And i think an audio player is simple enough for a newbie like me to practice autoit.

Solved: Check this out (link)

Enjoy... :rolleyes:

Edited by ronriel

[font="Comic Sans MS"]-ronriel[/font][topic="48542"]r4r media player[/topic][topic="80836"]OCR & Paste[/topic]

Sleep (5000)

change that in your while loop at the end....

the program is not working, seems always stuck !!!

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

change that in your while loop at the end....

the program is not working, seems always stuck !!!

No, It does not make the program seem stuck. It only affects the progress bar which makes it change only after every 5 seconds

and the automatic song change which is reasonable so that there will be silence between tracks. The reason i chose at least 5000 is that it seems to make make Mem Usage lesser. Try changing that to 4999 and you'll see what i mean. I don't know what's the reason behind.

What makes the program seems stuck however, is this - _IECreate ("http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/" & $art & "/" & $tit & ".html", 0, 0) - because it waits for the page load to complete before returning. That is why i want to implement a different approach in lyric search. Any ideas?

[font="Comic Sans MS"]-ronriel[/font][topic="48542"]r4r media player[/topic][topic="80836"]OCR & Paste[/topic]