Script stops working when launching through remote desktop

I wrote a simple script to automate a use case in testing an application. This needs to be run on several computers at once. My first thought was to remote into the unit, and launch the process, then close remote desktop. The problem I'm running into is as soon as I close/minimize RDP, the script stops sending keystrokes and mouseclicks. I can see that the script continues, as I have a tooltip with a countdown, so i know it's still running. But as far as sending the mouse/key strokes, it just doesn't seem to work.

What can I do to work around this, other than the obvious launching the process locally, rather than through remote desktop?

A lot depends on how secure the remote computer (RC) is... If there is no risk to leaving the RC unlocked then use an app like VNC to connect to the RC and set VNC not lock the desktop upon disconnect.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I set up a script that runs overnight and logon to computer running script from home using remote desktop. the script continues to work until I close the remote desktop session. At this point it stops. In particular, the winActivate and winwaitactive functions don't seem to work.

Is this a problem with remote desktop or autoit?

Is there a configuration setting it remote desktop that needs setting?

If possible I would like to avoid VNC.

Cheers

...In particular, the winActivate and winwaitactive functions don't seem to work...

If you disconnect from a Remote Desktop session, the remote system is locked.

If you were sitting at the "remote" system and you launched a script and then locked the computer, those functions would not work (well, they work - but the operating system just does not make the windows your script is waiting for)...at least that is what I'm told...

If you want to try for a work around, make a new forum topic and post your code, maybe someone can suggest a way to code it that will work while the system is locked.

-MSP-

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]