Compile

If I compile a script do I have to have autoit installed on every computer I want that script to run on?

That is my most basic question. I may have more as this topic gets opened up.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• Developers

If I compile a script do I have to have autoit installed on every computer I want that script to run on?

That is my most basic question. I may have more as this topic gets opened up.

Thanks,

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Compiling Scripts with Aut2Exe

It is possible to take your .au3 script and compile it into a standalone executable; this executable can be used without the need for AutoIt to be installed and without the need to have AutoIt3.exe on the machine.  In addition, the compiled script is compressed and encrypted and there is the option to bind additional files (also compressed/encrypted) to the exe using the FileInstall function.  Also, any #include files will also be compiled into the script so they are not required at run-time.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Awesome! WHOO HOO! That is cool!

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I dont know that this has to do with the compilation or what, but how would I get the program to run on startup? I am thinking put a registry entry yes?

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

• Developers

I dont know that this has to do with the compilation or what, but how would I get the program to run on startup? I am thinking put a registry entry yes?

Thanks,

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As Bob said or create a shortcut in the startup folder:

FileCreateShortcut(@ScriptFullPath, @StartupCommonDir & "\Shortcutname.lnk", @ScriptDir, "", "Shortcut description")

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

You can use Bob's, or Jdeb's solutions... but they can both be accomplished for the current user only.

Registry:

RegWrite("HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "yourprogram", "REG_SZ", @ScriptFullPath)

Startup Folder:

FileCreateShortcut(@ScriptFullPath, @StartupDir & "\Shortcutname.lnk", @ScriptDir, "", "Shortcut description")

*** Matt @ MPCS

You can use Bob's, or Jdeb's solutions... but they can both be accomplished for the current user only.

Registry:

RegWrite("HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "yourprogram", "REG_SZ", @ScriptFullPath)

Startup Folder:

FileCreateShortcut(@ScriptFullPath, @StartupDir & "\Shortcutname.lnk", @ScriptDir, "", "Shortcut description")

*** Matt @ MPCS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could I put it under HKLM (local machine) because that also has a run folder with stuff in the startup tray.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Could I put it under HKLM (local machine) because that also has a run folder with stuff in the startup tray.

Thanks,

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone know? Last chance... Okay well let me know if anyone knows if the above will work. Also where would I need to place this, does it give me that option in the compiler?

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

• Developers

Anyone know? Last chance... Okay well let me know if anyone knows if the above will work. Also where would I need to place this, does it give me that option in the compiler?

Thanks,

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

don't understand the question... isn't that what Bobheart posted ??

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

don't understand the question... isn't that what Bobheart posted ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah the buger changed it on me. Yea I guess that will work then, okay that is good. Now I just need to know how to make it register there. Do I put that in my script before compiling or is there an option to do that before it completes the compilation?

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

• Developers

Ah the buger changed it on me. Yea I guess that will work then, okay that is good. Now I just need to know how to make it register there. Do I put that in my script before compiling or is there an option to do that before it completes the compilation?

Thanks,

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

depends what you want to do to install your program.

You could test if its already in the registry, and when missing put it there every time the program runs. That means then that the program will have to be run once manually and after that will always be started at login time.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Is there anyway that I could do it on install and then also check it?

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

• Developers

Is there anyway that I could do it on install and then also check it?

Thanks,

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep... just do a RegRead for the RUN key and when it doesn't return your pgm you do a RegWrite....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.