MessageBox that stays on top, only gives info, no...

The script below almost does what I need, but I'm having a problem with the messagebox portion which I don't know how to fix.

What I need is a box that pops up first while the script is doing its thing that stays on top but that has no button and that doesn't interfere with the rest of the script. This message box below has an unwanted OKAY button and seems to delay the rest of the script from working for the 2 seconds that I've set for it to appear (or I have to press OKAY before those 2 seconds are up). The timing is great, but the apps should be launched in the background, literally and figuratively <g>.

Can the type of message box I need be done?

Thanks!

;
; AutoIt v3.0
;
;  with _relative_ paths for the thumb drive
SoundPlay ("..\CALCULATORS\WAV-fx\WAV fx for launching both calculators.wav")

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------
;  WAIT message box
MsgBox(64, 'Wait ...', "Wait one moment please ...", 2)
;-----------------------------------------------------------------------

; PATH of 1st calculator to launch:  ..:\APPS\APPS unzipped\CALCULATORS\Time Sheet Calculator v2.0\TIMECALC.EXE
Run('..\CALCULATORS\Time Sheet Calculator v2.0\TIMECALC.EXE')
Sleep(250)
WinMove("TimeSheet Calculator", "", 350, 450)

; PATH of 2nd calculator to launch:  ..:\APPS\APPS unzipped\CALCULATORS\Auditor Calculator v1.3\AuCalc.exe
Run('..\CALCULATORS\Auditor Calculator v1.3\AuCalc.exe')

Sleep(500)

Exit
; finished

The script below almost does what I need, but I'm having a problem with the messagebox portion which I don't know how to fix.

What I need is a box that pops up first while the script is doing its thing that stays on top but that has no button and that doesn't interfere with the rest of the script. This message box below has an unwanted OKAY button and seems to delay the rest of the script from working for the 2 seconds that I've set for it to appear (or I have to press OKAY before those 2 seconds are up). The timing is great, but the apps should be launched in the background, literally and figuratively <g>.

Can the type of message box I need be done?

Check out SplashTextOn() in the help file.

:rolleyes:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

This is super great! What a quick response, thanks much. The SplashTextOn works really, really well. Here's the final script:

;
; AutoIt v3.0
;
;  with _relative_ paths for the thumb drive

SoundPlay ("..\CALCULATORS\WAV-fx\WAV fx for launching both calculators.wav")

;--------------------------------------------------------------------
;  WAIT message box
SplashTextOn("Wait ...", "Wait one moment please ...", 225, 85)
;  I turned the "SplashText" off below with the "SplashOff()" command
;--------------------------------------------------------------------

; PATH of 1st calculator to launch:  ..:\APPS\APPS unzipped\CALCULATORS\Time Sheet Calculator v2.0\TIMECALC.EXE
Run('..\CALCULATORS\Time Sheet Calculator v2.0\TIMECALC.EXE')
Sleep(250)
WinMove("TimeSheet Calculator", "", 350, 450)

; PATH of 2nd calculator to launch:  ..:\APPS\APPS unzipped\CALCULATORS\Auditor Calculator v1.3\AuCalc.exe
Run('..\CALCULATORS\Auditor Calculator v1.3\AuCalc.exe')

;WinMove("Auditor Calculator", "", 15, 15)

Sleep(1600)
SplashOff()

Sleep(1750)

Exit
; finished
That splash screen type of text box was really huge. So out of curiousity I went and checked out the SplashImageOn shown in the help file knowing I might get lucky (I recently played with a splash screen for portable Firefox so knew I might be able to set height/width parameters in AI, too, after that experience). Sure enough, I was able to add the dimensions to the TextOn even though the help file only mentioned dimensions in the ImageON. It works just great!

This was really needed because I couldn't find a calculator to both add+subtract times and then to multiply to convert results to a minutes value, something I've been needing lately at work due to new and better sheduler for me that has a deficiency of having to have reminders snoozed by minute values only that need to be typed in. No hour or hour+minute values in a pulldown menu at all <sigh>. But this script launches both the add+subtract time calculator as well as a regular calculator, both freeware to boot, to easily do what I need. No need to continue a seemingly fruitless search for a probably obscure calculator that does it all. Thanks! :rolleyes: