Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
antiviruscoder

Help building scan engine

19 posts in this topic

Hello. Im kind of new at working with auto it 3 and i was wondering if there was a way to build an auto it program that will scan your computer while checking it against a virus pattern file. Im working on an antivirus progect and i was wondering if it is possible and if it is, could i get an example of what the script would look like?

thx all

[center][spoiler]My little joke!!!![/spoiler][/center][center]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/center][center]Best code site ever[/center][center]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/center][center][spoiler]My litte joke!!!![/spoiler][/center]

Few reasons this won't work.

1.AutoIt is just not the language to write an AntiVirus

2. I doubt if AutoIt can read a file and inside or cache or other stuff for a virus pattern

3. I don't see Virus Pattern are available anywhere

4. You cannot quarantine any virus as written in AutoIt.

Correct me if i am wrong.

I agree. You need to use something with driver level access.

Hello. Im kind of new at working with auto it 3 and i was wondering if there was a way to build an auto it program that will scan your computer while checking it against a virus pattern file. Im working on an antivirus progect and i was wondering if it is possible and if it is, could i get an example of what the script would look like?

thx all

Try C++

thx all

Oh, could you please be so kind and tell us more about the pattern file and the antivirus project?

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

welcome to the fourms. that is one of the only things autoit CANT do

welcome to the fourms. that is one of the only things autoit CANT do

AutoIt doesn't have Ring 0 access.

File scanner doesn't need that.

"be smart, drink your wine"

A simple file scanner written in an interpreted language will be nowhere near as efficient as a native executable running on its own.

Forget it it will take u ages... i only just managed mine to find a file open it and read the first line... but it would not delete...

ANd could lonly search for certain files... so it was a wasit really...

DOI someting that will be more useful

Ok im 14 with a spelling age of a 9 year old... that explanes all my spelling mistakes

Does anybody know where i can learn c++ or some other language that you can code a scan engion in?

btw thanks for all the responses :whistle:

[center][spoiler]My little joke!!!![/spoiler][/center][center]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/center][center]Best code site ever[/center][center]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/center][center][spoiler]My litte joke!!!![/spoiler][/center]

Why can't you just download a free scanner? There are tons of great scanners all over the internet.

I know, but i would love to learn to make them myself. I think its really cool stuff and it would be nice to be able to design one. Ive allready created an antivirus that uses sysclean, a scan engion created by trend micro, but I would like to be able to build my own scan engion.

The most important question is, where are you going to get the database of virus signatures from?

"be smart, drink your wine"

I have that. Got it from trend micro allong with the scan engion.

I have that. Got it from trend micro allong with the scan engion.

Building a real virus scan engine takes much more skill maybe included MASM, just go look for TUT on internet..It's easy to find...

If you don't mind me asking, what's tut?

#19 ·  Posted (edited)

If you don't mind me asking, what's tut?

Tutorial

Edit: There won't be a tut on building virus scan engine but there will be tut for ASM and C++.

Edited by Generator