$oIE _IELinkClickByText

Hey everyone,

I'm using _IELinkClickByText to click on a link that pops up a window. From there I'm manipulating some of the data in the new pop up window. I'm able to do everything just fine except I would really prefer if there is a way to hide the pop up window that is created from _IELinkClickByText.

I can use WinSetState($handle, "", @SW_HIDE) to hide the window, but you still see a pretty obvious pop up window. Is there a way to hide that pop up window more efficiently?

PS. There are a few restrictions on what I can do. I can't (tried already) use _IEPropertyGet to nab the shortcut's URL and then _IECreate.

Thanks everyone for you help in advance, if I'm not being clear just let me know and I'll give some more info.

While ProcessExists('Andrews bad day.exe')
	BlockInput(1)
	SoundPlay('Music.wav')
	SoundSetWaveVolume('Louder')
WEnd

Are you positive you can't pick the link's URL out of the page's source and just navigate there yourself? Maybe there's something you're not telling us, but I'd think you should be able to do that. Can you post the URL/source, and highlight which link you are attempting to handle?

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

Hey Mike long time no see. Unfortunately its a work intranet site that is very particular about login sessions. Often if you copy paste a URL even while logged in it forces you to re-login.

Other then that, it is a javascript pop up, is that of any difference? Gimme a bit (just about to eat) and I'll get up that portion of the source code.

Generally though the way you want go about this is just to launch _IECreate with the URL of the link you want to click?

While ProcessExists('Andrews bad day.exe')
	BlockInput(1)
	SoundPlay('Music.wav')
	SoundSetWaveVolume('Louder')
WEnd

I was on vacation from scripting for a while :whistle:

I think I'll wait to see the JS before I pass judgement, JS can make it difficult to script things sometimes. You might have to settle for a "work-around".

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]