Read chat in World of Warcraft

Hi,

I am trying to make a simple World of Warcraf bot that doesn't needs to read the memory like AutoIT bots like thermo prime do. For this it needs to get information from the chat window which looks like this:

Posted Image

Anyone knows how I can let it read that text?

Thanks in advance.

I heared about an OCR, and after some searching I found out what it is. But I found no explenation about how to make one.

Is this the way to go (OCR) ? If so, how can I make one?

WoW = MMO - A lot of people don't like bots for multiplayer games here.

If you're just trying to get it to check for a color (Like the purple Tell) and not actually read it, then look at the Pixel functions in the help file.

WoW = MMO - A lot of people don't like bots for multiplayer games here.

If you're just trying to get it to check for a color (Like the purple Tell) and not actually read it, then look at the Pixel functions in the help file.

Then don't reply. Btw, this forum is full of people who DO like to bot in MMOs too.

they want it read, they knows its OCR they need, give them enough time to find the search box, and i am sure they will slip quietly away with what they want..

As I said I searched for it but there is no guide or helpfull information about how to make one.

It's unbelieveble, this is supposed to be a support forum although the only thing people can do here seems to be flaming or do anything but helping the OP, or is someone going to proof the opposite and help me out?

Edited by tom13

Then don't reply. Btw, this forum is full of people who DO like to bot in MMOs too.

As I said I searched for it but there is no guide or helpfull information about how to make one.

It's unbelieveble, this is supposed to be a support forum although the only thing people can do here seems to be flaming or do anything but helping the OP, or is someone going to proof the opposite and help me out?

You know what annoys me even MORE than botters? people who cannot read what is clearly right in front of them, take my advice, the next time someone says search.. actually DAMN WELL SEARCH !!!

Here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...highlite=%2BOCR

Go forth, and go away.

You know what annoys me even MORE than botters? people who cannot read what is clearly right in front of them, take my advice, the next time someone says search.. actually DAMN WELL SEARCH !!!

Here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...highlite=%2BOCR

Go forth, and go away.

Sigh, thats exactly what I did... I searched!

So... do you see a GUIDE on how to make an OCR? Well, if so I'm blind.

You may not have noticed, after I stated that, I tried to help you. If you're going to be a dumbass, please do us all a favor and GTFO before anything happens.

I should have thought about this before I posted in this thread. Typical WoW botter wants everything placed straight in his lap, not willing to learn anything, just wants what he wants NOW.

Edited by idusy

You may not have noticed, after I stated that, I tried to help you. If you're going to be a dumbass, please do us all a favor and GTFO before anything happens.

I should have thought about this before I posted in this thread. Typical WoW botter wants everything placed straight in his lap, not willing to learn anything, just wants what he wants NOW.

Oh my god.. seriousely, you don't know that you learn from guides?

Sigh, thats exactly what I did... I searched!

Nope, then again, i don't see any "Guides" on these forums on how to do anything really.. what i DO see a lot of, is people giving some Great examples that are highly relevant to your current line of inquiry, and with perhaps a little bit of work could be entirely what you are after.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...8404&hl=OCR

the Wow Fonts and the D2 fonts are not overly different, as a matter of fact, i am sure creating an interface mod (which is entirely allowable and not under-handed) that uses the D2 font set (mildly questionable as it is blizzard property.. but still a nice mod for aesthetic purposes none the less) would result in a much closer relationship between the code as posted and the task you wish to perform.

Generally, no script of this magnitude (OCR that is, it is yet to be perfected in AutoIt, let alone a fully fledged software application) is given to anyone on this forum on a silver platter.. and if i were in the position to be holding a silver platter, i would be more likely to issue a severe beating with it other than a nicely served slice of code...

Oh my god.. seriousely, you don't know that you learn from guides?

You learn from guides, but guides also tell you exactly what to do, and you often don't learn more then the exact matter at hand. Learning from other scripts or just experimenting is certainly, in my opinion, a much better way to learn.

Anyway, I will discontinue from posting in this thread.

It's unbelievable! I was going to give you a ton of information, although the only thing you can do is bitch about GUIDES?! WHO THE FUCK NEEDS A GUIDE TO LEARN? Write your own damn guide. There is plenty of information what OCR is on Google, and looking at the AutoIt helpfile you can figure out that you need to use PixelSearch or PixelChecksum to read pixel's you ARE PRETTY MUCH DONE!!

There are PLENTY of examples in this forum, but are just too stupid to find out. When you want work done, you have to DO IT YOURSELF. Now get the fuck out.

Edited by Manadar

Nope, then again, i don't see any "Guides" on these forums on how to do anything really.. what i DO see a lot of, is people giving some Great examples that are highly relevant to your current line of inquiry, and with perhaps a little bit of work could be entirely what you are after.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...8404&hl=OCR

the Wow Fonts and the D2 fonts are not overly different, as a matter of fact, i am sure creating an interface mod (which is entirely allowable and not under-handed) that uses the D2 font set (mildly questionable as it is blizzard property.. but still a nice mod for aesthetic purposes none the less) would result in a much closer relationship between the code as posted and the task you wish to perform.

Generally, no script of this magnitude (OCR that is, it is yet to be perfected in AutoIt, let alone a fully fledged software application) is given to anyone on this forum on a silver platter.. and if i were in the position to be holding a silver platter, i would be more likely to issue a severe beating with it other than a nicely served slice of code...

Erm, well I appreciate the help but so first I have to learn a whole new programming language, called LUA? And then I have to somehow get the diablo 2 font set ?

I'm not sure.. but learning a whole new programming language should take a very long time :/

A lot of hostility in here. One thing I don't get about chat bots, aim bots, auto-whatever bots....If you are going to pay for a game, especially one with a subscription fee whats the point of having it played for you?

Would you buy a robot to watch television for you?

You learn from guides, but guides also tell you exactly what to do, and you often don't learn more then the exact matter at hand. Learning from other scripts or just experimenting is certainly, in my opinion, a much better way to learn.

Anyway, I will discontinue from posting in this thread.

Yeah you have a point.. Actually I did looked at the examples like the Diablo 2 OCR, but the problem is that when I look at the code I have no idea what it means or does. It's just a whole mess of code for me, and since I don't even understand the current version it's impossible for me to recreate it with the help of that source..

Erm, well I appreciate the help but so first I have to learn a whole new programming language, called LUA? And then I have to somehow get the diablo 2 font set ?

I'm not sure.. but learning a whole new programming language should take a very long time :/

Or, you could study the code posted and simply modify it to your needs.. the provided code gives you this:

1. knowledge that its entirely possible

2. great base code to work from

and the second post in that topic gives you this:

Man, this has sure taken forever.

... TAKEN FOREVER ! great code is a lot like pantene, it won't happen over night, but it will* happen.

it's impossible for me to recreate it with the help of that source..

“The impossible is often the untried.” ~ Jim Goodwin

*sometimes i have my doubts...

Edited by tAKTelapis

A lot of hostility in here. One thing I don't get about chat bots, aim bots, auto-whatever bots....If you are going to pay for a game, especially one with a subscription fee whats the point of having it played for you?

Would you buy a robot to watch television for you?

I'd like to answer that question. Playing WoW is fun, but time consuming. So I played WoW for 2.5 years now, from the beta. I have a level 70 hunter with 5/5 gladiator gear, had almost every tier possible.. (in other words: I played my character to the top) without botting - fun? Yes. Since you have different kinds of "classes" I after 2.5 years got bored of my hunter and started a warrior (an other class). The thing is, you need to gear him up again, just like the hunter. This is (almost) exactly the same as for the hunter, thus it is boring to do it for the second time.

The fun thing is that after my bot is done, and my warrior has great gear I can play on it without having to farm gear first.

To use your example:

I do not buy a robot to watch TV for me, but I'd like a robot that would turn the TV on and set it on the program I want to see, after which I (not the robot) can enjoy the TV.

Although this is quite offtopic :whistle:

Edited by tom13

I'd like to answer that question. Playing WoW is fun, but time consuming. So I played WoW for 2.5 years now, from the beta. I have a level 70 hunter with 5/5 gladiator gear, had almost every tier possible.. (in other words: I played my character to the top) without botting - fun? Yes. Since you have different kinds of "classes" I after 2.5 years got bored of my hunter and started a warrior (an other class). The thing is, you need to gear him up again, just like the hunter. This is (almost) exactly the same as for the hunter, thus it is boring to do it for the second time.

The fun thing is that after my bot is done, and my warrior has great gear I can play on it without having to farm gear first.

To use your example:

I do not buy a robot to watch TV for me, but I'd like a robot that would turn the TV on and set it on the program I want to see, after which I (not the robot) can enjoy the TV.

Although this is quite offtopic :whistle:

That was my thoughts almost exactly when I played WoW, except that I would rather do something else for fun instead of use a bot. There are more way to have fun in WoW besides doing endgame dungeons and such.

That was my thoughts almost exactly when I played WoW, except that I would rather do something else for fun instead of use a bot. There are more way to have fun in WoW besides doing endgame dungeons and such.

I'm pretty sure that the bot that he intends to make is simply an afk script with a function that will respond to tells so that when a GM whispers him, he can respond back.

AFK scripting in AV = bannable offense

Sitting in the cave, while at your computer = scoldable at best.

There are tons of people who do this, some people just have much more sophisticated scripts than others. While some are just crude "Press space bar every 4 minutes" others have random directions, random sleep timers, random distances traveled and have support for responding to tells send by other players/GM's

I'm pretty sure that the bot that he intends to make is simply an afk script with a function that will respond to tells so that when a GM whispers him, he can respond back.

AFK scripting in AV = bannable offense

Sitting in the cave, while at your computer = scoldable at best.

There are tons of people who do this, some people just have much more sophisticated scripts than others. While some are just crude "Press space bar every 4 minutes" others have random directions, random sleep timers, random distances traveled and have support for responding to tells send by other players/GM's

Actually i'm creating a bot that can read the direction and coordinates from the chat frame.. If others respond to a GM, they need to know that a GM whispered them, thus their script can recognize the chat frame and the text in it? How?