My first script

Well, I searched the net for a free macro making program with which you can make a standalone exe file and failed. So I tried to make my own.

I'm using the "HotKeySet" function to run a "Send" command with my macro. The problem is that the keys never make it to my game client.

I'm playing WarRock, a free online fps and was trying to make gameplay more comfortable. The hotkeys work for sure, the problem is the "Send" function.

is there some sort of a problem sending keys to a full screen program and is there a workaround to it?

Thanks for your attention.

Try using ControlSend.

EDIT: About vintorecavaj's post(below mine):

HotKeySet("a", "Func1") ;Executes Func1 when you press "a"
While 1
Sleep(100)
WEnd
Func Func1()
HotKeySet("a") ;Disables hotkey, so when you send "a" it won't call function Func1 again
Send("a")
HotKeySet("a", "Func1") ;Enables hotkey again
EndFunc
Edited by poisonkiller

I once was trying to make something using this same thing and the reason it isnt working is because when you set a hotkey it looks for that key so if you have a send function to send the same key as the hot key then it will just redo the function with the hotkey if that makes sense.....

ok that should work for you.. but if you want to do it another way you could use _ispressed..... if you want to look in the help contents.

Edited by vintorecavaj

I once was trying to make something using this same thing and the reason it isnt working is because when you set a hotkey it looks for that key so if you have a send function to send the same key as the hot key then it will just redo the function with the hotkey if that makes sense.....

ok that should work for you.. but if you want to do it another way you could use _ispressed..... if you want to look in the help contents.

no.. I'm using F1 to send Tab, 1, Enter and tab again. F2 to do the same thing with number two and so on up till 5 then F6 to close the thing and F11 to send the key combination without the number.

It seems like the game isn't recieving the send commands because I've also tried to use a hotkey to automatically type my username it the game. Its as if the game captures keypresses straight from the keyboard. Also if I used "p" as a hotkey, typing "p" in the username box didn't type the small letter p in the box which I believe indicates that the script is in fact working.

@poisonkiller

I've also tried ControlSend. It's the same. I figure the problem lies within the game.

is there any other way of sending keypresses to the game?

Edited by KoZuEst