2 loops at the same time

Hi,

At the moment I have 2 loops running at the same time by starting 2 programs at the same time, for example:

Loop 1:

While 1
Sleep(random(120000,150000))
Send("{SPACE}")
WEnd

I want this because the I need to be sure that <space> is pressed every 120-150 seconds and the timer should not have to wait for the second loop, so I made 2 scripts and let them run at the same time. But is it possible to create the same effect (2 loops at the same time) with just 1 script?

Hi,

At the moment I have 2 loops running at the same time by starting 2 programs at the same time, for example:

Loop 1:

While 1
Sleep(random(120000,150000))
Send("{SPACE}")
WEnd

I want this because the I need to be sure that <space> is pressed every 120-150 seconds and the timer should not have to wait for the second loop, so I made 2 scripts and let them run at the same time. But is it possible to create the same effect (2 loops at the same time) with just 1 script?

Have a look at AdlibEnable in the help

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

or use timers...

Dim $nTimer1 = TimerInit()
Dim $nTimer2 = TimerInit(), $nTimer2_diff = Random(1000,5000,1)

While 1
   If TimerDiff($nTimer1) > 500 Then
      ; every ~ 500msec
      ConsoleWrite("Event 1" & @CRLF)
      $nTimer1 = TimerInit()
   EndIf

If TimerDiff($nTimer2) > $nTimer2_diff Then
      ; every 1000 to 5000 msec
      ConsoleWrite("Event 2" & @CRLF)
      $nTimer2 = TimerInit()
      $nTimer2_diff = Random(1000,5000,1)
   EndIf
   Sleep(10)
WEnd
CoProc Multi Process Helper libraryTrashBin.nfshost.com store your AutoIt related files here!AutoIt User Map

Have a look at AdlibEnable in the help

The help says this:

The adlib function should be kept simple as it is executed often and during this time the main script is paused.

That means that they aren't active at the same time right?

no their not active at the same time.

but its the same with 2 processes.

the cpu only executes one context at a time...

so unless you need to use some blocking features you should be able to achieve what you want.

but if you want to use 2 processes which could give you a little speed gain you could look

into CoProc (link in my sig) which makes it a bit easier to have multiple processes form one script...

CoProc Multi Process Helper libraryTrashBin.nfshost.com store your AutoIt related files here!AutoIt User Map

Seems like you wish to have two threads :-) which is not possible in AutoIt (but everybody would like to have it :-D).

So you probably have to stick with two programs or use something like timers as piccaso suggested.