Paramater Variable Declarations

This should be an easy fix, but thus far the solution has eluded me :/

Can someone please help me with my functions parameter syntax. It says the variable (Delegate) is used without being declared. All suggestions welcome.

Func _Exit($Delegate)
    Local $TermStr

If $Delegate == 1 Then
        $TermStr = " Manual Termination."
    Else
        $TermStr = " Terminating..."
    EndIf

Call("WriteLog","Exit Function called.  Line  1674" & $TermStr,0)
    Call("WriteLog","Exit Function called.  Line  1675" & $TermStr,1)
    Exit
EndFunc

This should be an easy fix, but thus far the solution has eluded me :/

Can someone please help me with my functions parameter syntax. It says the variable (Delegate) is used without being declared. All suggestions welcome.

Func _Exit($Delegate)
    Local $TermStr

If $Delegate == 1 Then
    Else
    EndIf

Call("WriteLog","Exit Function called.  Line  1674" & $TermStr,0)
    Call("WriteLog","Exit Function called.  Line  1675" & $TermStr,1)
    Exit
EndFunc
Works for me (with some tweaking to not use your 'Call'):

_Exit(1)

Func _Exit($Delegate)
    Local $TermStr

If $Delegate == 1 Then
    Else
    EndIf

ConsoleWrite("WriteLog, Exit Function called.  Line  1674.  " & $TermStr & @LF)
    ConsoleWrite("WriteLog, Exit Function called.  Line  1675.  " & $TermStr & @LF)
    Exit
EndFunc

Perhaps the error is not coming from this function? Are you using that variable name anywhere else?

:whistle:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Perhaps the error is not coming from this function? Are you using that variable name anywhere else?

I have another function that uses the same variable name, but arent parameters local unless otherwise specified?

Heres my other function that works fine.

Func WriteLog($LogTxt, $Delegate)

I tried changing the variable name to prevent ambiguity but I'm still generating the same error. I've also commented out the 2 'Call' function lines with no solution.

O yea and i forgot to specify that the error is being generated at the if statement that first uses the variable.

ie: If $Delegate2 == 1 Then

_____^here

I have another function that uses the same variable name, but arent parameters local unless otherwise specified?

Heres my other function that works fine.

Func WriteLog($LogTxt, $Delegate)

I tried changing the variable name to prevent ambiguity but I'm still generating the same error. I've also commented out the 2 'Call' function lines with no solution.

O yea and i forgot to specify that the error is being generated at the if statement that first uses the variable.

ie: If $Delegate2 == 1 Then

_____^here

Post a running demo script that includes a call to the function and the function (like mine above). Minimum amount of code that shows the error when you run it.

:whistle:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

My hotkey loop that calls the function:

While 1

$_Run = HotKeySet ( "{INSERT}", "_Run" );//Run hotkey
$_Exit = HotKeySet ( "{HOME}", "_Exit" );//Exit hotkey

Select

Case $_Run = 0
      _Run ()
    Case $_Exit = 0
      _Exit(1)
EndSelect

WEnd

The code that generates the error@ 'If $2Delegate2 == 1 Then'

Func _Exit($2Delegate2)
    Local $TermStr

If $2Delegate2 == 1 Then
    Else
    EndIf
;Call("WriteLog","Exit Function called.  Line " & @ScriptLineNumber & $TermStr,0)
;Call("WriteLog","Exit Function called.  Line " & @ScriptLineNumber & $TermStr,1)
    Exit
EndFunc

this isnt all that relevant but ill post anyway. This is my logging function. Before the parameter names were the same name. This function generates no errors but is essentially the same code.

Func WriteLog($LogTxt, $1Delegate1)
    Local $Time = TimeStamp()

If $1Delegate1 == 0 Then
        $File = FileOpen("C:\VerbooseLog.txt", 1);//append mode, if file doesnt exsist then it is automaticaly created
    ElseIf $1Delegate1 == 1 Then
        $File = FileOpen("C:\ReportLog.txt", 1);//append mode, if file doesnt exsist then it is automaticaly created
    EndIf

;//If FileExists("C:\Program Files\AdBux\Log.txt") Then
    If $File == -1 Then
        MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.")
        FileClose($File)
        Return(0)
    Else
        FileWriteLine($File, $Time & @TAB & $LogTxt)
        FileClose($File)
    EndIf
EndFunc

You can't pass any parameters to a Hotkey function.

When you press {HOME}, _Exit is executed with no parameters. Therefore you get a $2Delegate2 error.

Edited by Siao

"be smart, drink your wine"

Thanks alot for the info.

Is it possiable to make a call from my hotkey loop without any parameters but to still have parameters in the function itself?

ie

Case $_Exit = 0
      _Exit()
EndSelect

~

Func _Exit($2Delegate2)

Then test for the variables presence. Something like...

If $2Delegate2 ==""

(I know testing for Null wont solve my problem, but is there a test that detects if the variable is declared?)

Or is it possiable to catch and test for a specific error (in this case to test for 'variable not declaired')

Or would it just be easier to make two logging functions and avoid the Delegate functionality all together?

Edited by Reveille

(I know testing for Null wont solve my problem, but is there a test that detects if the variable is declared?)

There's IsDeclared

Also if you declare variable as Global, at some point assign a value to it, you can check it inside of such Hotkey function...

Global $2Delegate2 = 0

Case $_Exit = 0

$2Delegate2 = 1

_Exit()

Edited by Siao

"be smart, drink your wine"

Im gonna try the IsDeclaired method to see if that works. Never thought about using a Global var, If I cant get the IsDeclaired method to work the way I need it to ill try that. Thanks again for the ideas!

Edited by Reveille