Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jcold8

Problems trying to login to application

7 posts in this topic

Hi, Im fairly new to this and I have been searching for awhile trying to figure my problem out. I'm trying to automate a login to an application.

Here is what I have so far:

ShellExecuteWait ("dvwin.exe")

WinWait ("OMSVision V.6.0.12", "", 5)

winwait ("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On")

ControlSend ("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", "mytext")

The application loads and then a login box appears. I'm trying to type in the username but it just does nothing when it gets there. The cursor starts in the username field. I have tried using controlclick and some other things but I'm stuck.

Heres the info on the window:

>>>> Window <<<<

Title: OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On (The main window is the same without "- log on')

Class: FNWNS3100

Position: 338, 177

Size: 348, 279

Style: 0x96800000

ExStyle: 0x00000109

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: Button (The actual username and password fields are class:edit)

Instance: 7

ID: 1009

Text:

Position: 341, 180

Size: 344, 277

ControlClick Coords: 118, 47

Style: 0x5400000B

ExStyle: 0x00000000

>>>> Mouse <<<<

Position: 459, 227

Cursor ID: 2

Color: 0xFFFBFF

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

Password:

User Name:

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<

Any help would be great.

Sometimes it helps to get focus to the control first:

ControlFocus("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]") ; Username
ControlSetText ("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", "username") 

ControlFocus("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:2]") ; Guessing at password control
ControlSetText ("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:2]", "password") 

ControlFocus("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:7]") ; Logon button?
ControlClick("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:7]", "mytext")

:whistle:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I tried typing that in and it seemed to work, but half the time nothing gets typed into the username field and password field.

I tried typing that in and it seemed to work, but half the time nothing gets typed into the username field and password field.

Also I close the application then open it up again and it will put the username in but nothing else.

Also I close the application then open it up again and it will put the username in but nothing else.

AutoIt wouldn't have a problem with it, but maybe the app has timing issues updating the GUI or something... maybe slow it down a bit:

Sleep(500)
ControlFocus("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]") ; Username
Sleep(500)
ControlSetText ("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", "username")
Sleep(500)
ControlFocus("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:2]") ; Guessing at password control
Sleep(500)
ControlSetText ("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:2]", "password")
Sleep(500)
ControlFocus("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:7]") ; Logon button?
Sleep(500)
ControlClick("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:7]", "mytext")

:whistle:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

It was a timing issue and I have gotten it to work up to the point where it needs to click to OK button.

I messed around with the sleep function and controlclick function but my syntax is always wrong with controlclick.

ShellExecute ("dvwin.exe") ;executes OMS program
WinWaitActive ("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On") ;waits for program to open
Sleep (100)
ControlFocus ("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]") ;grabs focus on username field
Sleep (20)
ControlSend("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", "omsclaims") ;username
Sleep (100)
ControlFocus ("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:2]") ;grabs focus on password field
Sleep (20)
ControlSend("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:2]", "help1") ;password
Sleep (50)
ControlFocus ("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:6]") ;grabs focus on the ok buttom
Sleep (20)
ControlClick ("OMSVision V.6.0.12 - Log On", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:6]" ("Left, 30, 20") ;clicks the ok button
;Sleep (5000)
;Winclose ("OMSVision V.6.0.12") ;closes the OMS window
;exit

After it logs in, it waits a couple seconds then exits the program.

Thank you both for this example. I am slightly less clueless because of it.

This signature is computer generated, nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#.......