Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
William007

Getting Sub-Windows text

2 posts in this topic

Hi there

In an attempt to read Window text into a file I run into a problem

Autoitinfo and Wininfo show the active window list alright, but have not found a way to activate the sub-window nor read the text inside.

What could be the problem beside my knowledge of Autoit.. I wish I could be more specific but it has to do with a Dutch stock application Alex Advanced Plus, only available for Alex (broker) customers. Its a little brother of WallStreet Pro. Trying to extract the Dow & Jones newswire from the application

Tried things like this, no results. Any ideas ?

If WinExists("CLASSNAME:TNewsHTMLTextFrm") Then

MsgBox(0, "", "Window exists")

Else

MsgBox(0, "", "Nop")

EndIf

William

Hi there

In an attempt to read Window text into a file I run into a problem

Autoitinfo and Wininfo show the active window list alright, but have not found a way to activate the sub-window nor read the text inside.

What could be the problem beside my knowledge of Autoit.. I wish I could be more specific but it has to do with a Dutch stock application Alex Advanced Plus, only available for Alex (broker) customers. Its a little brother of WallStreet Pro. Trying to extract the Dow & Jones newswire from the application

Tried things like this, no results. Any ideas ?

If WinExists("CLASSNAME:TNewsHTMLTextFrm") Then

MsgBox(0, "", "Window exists")

Else

MsgBox(0, "", "Nop")

EndIf

William

Is it an IE window opened to that website, or perhaps a local application with an IE window in it? You might do better with IE.au3 UDF than GUI Control* functions. If it's a localy running app, show the information from AutoItInfo for the window and for the "sub-window" control. That will help a lot.

:whistle:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law