Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnBailey

Keywords with hinting

8 posts in this topic

Currently when I type something like _FileCreate, SciTE will automatically give me a hint to what I want to write (even narrowing it down) and then give me the parameters too. How do I add my own to the list that does this? I tried adding it to the au3.keywords.properties, but that didn't do the trick. Is it even possible?

A decision is a powerful thing

SciTe -> Tools -> User CallTip Entries

Example entry:

_FileCountLines($File) Returns counts on lines in file.(required: #include <File.au3>)

SciTe -> Tools -> User CallTip Entries

Example entry:

_FileCountLines($File) Returns counts on lines in file.(required: #include <File.au3>)
THANK YOU!!!!

Howcome the Keywords I added to au3.keywords.properties under UDFs isn't turning blue when I typed it? It is hinting and I've restarted SciTE

Howcome the Keywords I added to au3.keywords.properties under UDFs isn't turning blue when I typed it? It is hinting and I've restarted SciTE

Should work .... how have you added them ? are they coded in lowercase ?

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Should work .... how have you added them ? are they coded in lowercase ?

Here's the function and thanks to poisonkiller it's showing up in the calltip : _jSaveListView($listViewObjectName,$saveToFile,$hArray='',$cCheck=false,$nCheck="",$jslvDelimiter='|')

I put

_jSaveListView

into au3.keywords.udfs=

_worderrorhandlerderegister _worderrorhandlerregister _worderrornotify _wordmacrorun \

_wordpropertyget _wordpropertyset _wordquit _jSaveListView

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

Here's the function and thanks to poisonkiller it's showing up in the calltip : _jSaveListView($listViewObjectName,$saveToFile,$hArray='',$cCheck=false,$nCheck="",$jslvDelimiter='|')

I put

_jSaveListView

into au3.keywords.udfs=

_worderrorhandlerderegister _worderrorhandlerregister _worderrornotify _wordmacrorun \

_wordpropertyget _wordpropertyset _wordquit _jSaveListView

as said ... try to change it to lowercase ....:whistle:

_wordpropertyget _wordpropertyset _wordquit _jsavelistview

one thing to remember is that this file will be overridden when you do the next upgrade of the package ....

Edited by JdeB

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

:whistle: (eeek, I need to read slower and pay closer attention) Thanks for your politeness and patience.

Yeah, I only have a few functions that I use a lot that I built, so it's easy to add them.

THANK YOU GUYS!!! This is going to help major!!!!