I'm looking at one of these email scripts, but I'm kinda confused on what a SMTP Server is.. and after that how can I get one / an example of one?

EDIT One more thing: where can I find the source for the AutoIt Window Info Tool?

Edited by MethodZero

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

I'm looking at one of these email scripts, but I'm kinda confused on what a SMTP Server is.. and after that how can I get one / an example of one?

What something is can often be found on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smtp

To go short: it is a server that accepts requests to send e-mail (for instance when you press 'Send' in Outlook), and makes sure they reach their destination ('outgoing mail server'). Very probably you already have a capable smtp server at your disposal, namely the one your ISP provides. When you configure your e-mail client (for example Outlook), you need to tell it which server to connect to for incoming mail (pop3 generally) and which one for outgoing mail (smtp generally). This is often just smtp.yourprovider.com or mail.yourprovider.com, to be sure you can check the support pages of your provider.

You can also use free SMTP providers like Google (by creating one of those free GMail accounts).

So the bottom line is: you don't need to "get" an smtp server, you only need to use one of those that is already available for you (except for when you want to write your own one :whistle: )...

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.