#include "filepath" question

Orca

All i can see as correct is #include "filepath.au3"

but if you leave a file as a au3 extenssion people can open and read your src, making stealing and inserting bad/evil code simple, so can i include .exe files? or is there another more secure file type that cannot be opened or viewed that i can use in #include?

- [G]oat | Kurusuki

I AM ORCA!! A VERY POWERFUL WHALE!!!

All i can see as correct is #include "filepath.au3"

but if you leave a file as a au3 extenssion people can open and read your src, making stealing and inserting bad/evil code simple, so can i include .exe files? or is there another more secure file type that cannot be opened or viewed that i can use in #include?

- [G]oat | Kurusuki

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you compile your script you will protect the script code and the include files too because the include files will be in the compiled script.

I think that protect you. :ph34r:

You dont #inlcude exe files. You Fileinstall them. Also, #include more or less adds the code in the inluded file to the top of the currently running script. It is not saved anywhere on the hard drive when a compiled script is run.

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

You dont #inlcude exe files. You Fileinstall them. Also, #include more or less adds the code in the inluded file to the top of the currently running script. It is not saved anywhere on the hard drive when a compiled script is run.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Minor correction. #include inserts the text beginning at the point that particular #include was found.

; Include.au3
MsgBox(4096, "", "Insides #include'd file")

; Main.au3
MsgBox(4096, "", "Inside main script")
#include "Include.au3"

Result:

Two message boxes, the first coming from inside main, the other from the include'd file.

no what im trying to do is make my script cleaner, instead of having each function (which will constantly expand) in the main program file, ive split it up so i can see ONLY what i have to while adding new sections of code. kinda like a library... BUT i dont want people being able to open up the .au3 file and steal all my fancy pants functions and coding ive done (which actually is kinda complicated and annoying to have to create on ur own) im just trying to protect my own work, i know what #include does btw, it works just as include() does in php...

also i was asking for files other than exe that would be secure to import rather than au3 or other easily viewable file types... i was already fairly sure .exe files wouldnt include nicly

I AM ORCA!! A VERY POWERFUL WHALE!!!

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

Might I just add a little thing? Even if you do compile, sure, it helps protect code, but the code can still be seen/found easily. With a decompiler. So, if your MAIN problem is that you don't want people to see the code, then you should just get over it :ph34r: And also, why would you want to hide it? I mean, if it's a good script, wouldn't you want to share it with other people to help them understand scripting better? Just a thought...

If you use a static repository, compile each function into its own exe, then run them from the main script.

As per protecting your code, it is possible to add a passphrase to the compiling process or even an option to prevent decompiling.

Check the very excellent work by JdeB at

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/jdeb_autoit_stuff.htm

and also this forum

Compileau3.exe Updated, Scripts & Scraps Forum

CheersNobby

Although it isn't 100% protected, to stop people from decompiling your executables, just use the nodecompile command option from Aut2Exe.exe. If you want the ability to decompile but you don't want others to have this ability... ass a passphrase instead of the nodecompile switch. It's all in the documentation.

I hope this helps!

*** Matt @ MPCS

just to help clarify, if you use a #include then compile the script to exe, you do not need to redistribute the referenced #include files. As far as the compiled exe is concerned, they no longer exist, nor need to.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)