Need Help? Come

• Developers

Real Time Help At #Sightez IRC

If You Thing this topic is not good delete it

Now why would you think yourself its not good ?

.. and why did you post it then in the first place ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I want to help but i don't know people will like it or not??

I have no clue what your question is but maybe others do ....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

ya

I am a new autoit user and need some suggestions for implementing usefully for some tasks at work. I need to use autoit to (1)transfer company pdf files to a temp folder, (2)open each pdf file one at a time, (3)optimize each one, (4)close the file, (5)transfer each file back to their original folder. Steps 2,3, and 4 will just involve series of mouse clicks; if I know how to do one step, then I know how to do all others. Steps 1 and 5 are very repetative, yet more complicated. Each document comes from a very sepcific folder, which is usually hidden away in one of various sub-folders. So getting the computer to find each file - let's say each file above 5MB - and extract it from the folder, and then to finally replace it in that folder seems complicated.

I really need some suggestions.

At the very least I would like some suggestions and how and where to learn autoit.

Thanks

I am a new autoit user and need some suggestions for implementing usefully for some tasks at work. I need to use autoit to (1)transfer company pdf files to a temp folder, (2)open each pdf file one at a time, (3)optimize each one, (4)close the file, (5)transfer each file back to their original folder. Steps 2,3, and 4 will just involve series of mouse clicks; if I know how to do one step, then I know how to do all others. Steps 1 and 5 are very repetative, yet more complicated. Each document comes from a very sepcific folder, which is usually hidden away in one of various sub-folders. So getting the computer to find each file - let's say each file above 5MB - and extract it from the folder, and then to finally replace it in that folder seems complicated.

I really need some suggestions.

At the very least I would like some suggestions and how and where to learn autoit.

Thanks

Download and install AutoIT and SciTE.

Read the Help file.

Sounds like you need a big loop to find all pdf files, process each one, and then continue the loop for the next file until they have all been done.

Break each part into smaller parts, until you have got what you want.

Post some actual code of where you have got to and maybe somebody can offer more suggestions.

I'm not finding the question... :whistle:

@ConstantineGeorgantzas

Also, there are several tutorials that show alot of the basics.

One of most note: Autoit 1-2-3:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048

Although the download of AutoIt 1-2-3 went swimmingly, it gives me error messages for every file I try to open. I also get errors when I try to search for demos. I need something else.

Although the download of AutoIt 1-2-3 went swimmingly, it gives me error messages for every file I try to open. I also get errors when I try to search for demos. I need something else.

i think you must have put it in the wrong file when it asks what file is your scite (when u try and open examples)

My own pocket emo http://www.mindistortion.net/pocketemo/?da...1-7-2-0-0-1-0-0LOL[quote name='beerman' post='399180' date='Sep 6 2007, 08:45 AM']I have learned, never think inside the box. The moment you have a bright idea, and stand up to quickly exclaiming, "Eureka, I have it!". You will knock yourself out, from bashing your head on the inside of the box as you stand... So in conclusion it is always safer to think outside the box. :)[/quote]