Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alodar

Identifying a window that has no...

2 posts in this topic

I work with a program that is based out of Citrix. I dont know if you know what that is, because I'm not always certain I do, but as far as I understand it, it 'streams' the program to you. Kind of like virtual desktop, but just a program? At any rate, using autoit on this program is a wonderful thing, except for one problem: Untitled windows. There are some message boxs that come up with no title...this is a problem since there is no "CONTROL" information about the window...no Class, no Instance, no text, etc. Only listed items are the Window details...which helps not at all when trying to determine what message/error is showing, and how many yes/no/ok boxes there are. No Visible Text, no Hidden Text, no Status bar. Au3 Info doesn't really help, and I don't know what other thing to look at for viewing this.

How can I identify this message box? Thanks in advance.

-Alo

With Citrix, you have to think remote. What you are doing is seeing the desktop of a Citrix session on a PC that is not yours. Your PC is using Citrix to remote into that PC. It may seem confusing, but once you get it, it is pretty simple. In order to use AutoIt on the Citrix session, you have to have the AutoIt script running IN the session in question. (In other words, it needs to load from the Citrix desktop, not your desktop.)