Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ralphg77

Array declaration - suggestion for addition to online docs

3 posts in this topic

I ran into a little difficulty setting up array variables. I must be carrying over a bad habit from one or another scripting environment (awk probably with its associative arrays) but nowhere in the online reference docs does it say that you need to provide dimensions for the array being declared. Definitely a "Doh!" moment for me but it would be nice to get a clearer description of how to declare them:

;single dimensional array

Dim $arrayname[number of members]

;two dimensional array

Dim $arrayname[number of members in first dimension][number of members in 2nd dimension]

etc.

Thanks for this awsome tool!

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

I ran into a little difficulty setting up array variables. I must be carrying over a bad habit from one or another scripting environment (awk probably with its associative arrays) but nowhere in the online reference docs does it say that you need to provide dimensions for the array being declared. Definitely a "Doh!" moment for me but it would be nice to get a clearer description of how to declare them:

;single dimensional array

Dim $arrayname[number of members]

;two dimensional array

Dim $arrayname[number of members in first dimension][number of members in 2nd dimension]

etc.

Thanks for this awsome tool!

Welcome to AutoIt

First this should have been posted to Feature Requests but since you're new ........................

Second The information you requested to be added is there. Sometimes you have to dig in the help file.

Help File>Keyword\Statement reference>Dim

Edit: I should have added that you can get the same info by following the on-line link in my signature and here is a direct link to the page.

KeyWord_Dim

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Since you specifically said online docs.. I'm just curious...

You do know that the helpfile is included in the AutoIt installation as well, right?