Messenger auto-message

hi all.

I'm trying to make some kind of answering machine for messenger. I think it's pretty doable and it can be done with basic functions. Now, I'd like to know if there's a way I can make my script "know" if there's a new blinking window in the taskbar or maybe detect the small window that pops up above the tray when someone logs in or starts a conversation.

Thanks! You guys helped me before, this place rocks.

I'm not sure if there's a way to tell if a window is flashing, but depending on what messenger you are using, they may have a developer API. Go and look around on their site to see if there's anything.

But we probably have a UDF somewhere or another that could perform this task.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Messenger API does not currently support the sending of messages.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

Oh! I get it. No, you see, I was thinking of something that detects when a new conversation window is opened and then it sends a message, like "Sup, I'm not here leave a message" You know what I mean.

Thanks guys.

This works for msn messenger!

CODE

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

$window = GUICreate("MSN Auto-Reply", 339, 417, -1, -1)

$start = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start MSN Message", 8, 152, 121, 57, 0)

$stop = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop MSN Message", 8, 224, 121, 57, 0)

$setText = GUICtrlCreateButton("Set text to send", 8, 80, 121, 57, 0)

$start1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Start the Message Replier", 144, 168, 185, 21, BitOR($ES_CENTER,$ES_AUTOHSCROLL))

$stop1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Stop the Message Replier", 144, 240, 185, 21, BitOR($ES_CENTER,$ES_AUTOHSCROLL))

$help = GUICtrlCreateButton("Help me!!!!", 8, 296, 321, 81, 0)

$welcome = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 9, 8, 322, 57, BitOR($ES_CENTER,$ES_AUTOVSCROLL,$ES_AUTOHSCROLL,$ES_WANTRETURN))

GUICtrlSetData(-1, StringFormat("Welcome to the MSN Auto Replier by Secure_ICT. To start press \r\nSet Text and enter the text you wish to be entered when someone \r\ntalks to you.\r\n"))

$disclaimer = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 8, 384, 321, 25, BitOR($ES_CENTER,$ES_AUTOVSCROLL,$ES_AUTOHSCROLL,$ES_WANTRETURN))

GUICtrlSetData(-1, StringFormat("This is a free script. Edit it to suit your needs.\r\n"))

$setlabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Set the text you wish to be sent", 144, 96, 177, 21, BitOR($ES_CENTER,$ES_AUTOHSCROLL))

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1

$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()

Switch $nMsg

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

Exit

Case $help

SplashTextOn ( "Help me", "" & @CRLF & """Welcome to the MSN Auto Message Help."& @CRLF &"It's simple to make this run. All you need to do, is click the Set Text "& @CRLF &"button and "& @CRLF &"enter the text that you wish to be displayed when someone speaks to "& @CRLF &"you."& @CRLF &"You only have to set the text once as it saves the text as a .ini"& @CRLF &" "& @CRLF &"Then just press start and it will enter the message to any open MSN "& @CRLF &"conversation "& @CRLF &"window."& @CRLF &"Need more help? Just ask me on the topic."& @CRLF &""& @CRLF &"Secure_ICT")

Sleep(10000)

SplashOff()

Case $setText

IniWrite("Text.ini", "MSN Text", "TXT", InputBox("What text should be entered?", "Type : ", "", "", 200, 50) )

IniWrite("Text.ini", "Conversation", "Last spoke to", "Not Found")

Case $start

TrayTip("MSN Auto Message", "I'm currently running!", 5, 1)

while 1

$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()

If WinExists("- Conversation") Then

WinActivate("- Conversation")

Send(IniRead("Text.ini", "MSN Text", "TXT"," Not Found") & "{enter}")

IniWrite("Text.ini", "Conversation", "Last spoke to", WinGetTitle("- Conversation", ""))

WinClose("- Conversation")

EndIf

if $nMsg = $stop Then

TrayTip("MSN Auto Message", "You have stopped me!!", 5, 1)

ExitLoop

EndIf

WEnd

EndSwitch

WEnd