Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
probedrone

Simultanious access to remote machines (psexec/beyondexec)

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

This question is more directed towards how to use psexec and beyondexec.

I use Autoit to create a batch file, which basically runs a setup from the network. I then use psexec or beyondexec to copy over the batch file and execute it on the remote machine.

The problem is that psexec does the job sequentially, when I want it to have all the remote servers install the setup at the same time.

It seems like beyondexec has the multithread ability (they say that up to 10 computers can be accessed at once), however, even though i use the same username/password, and all I am doing is running a batch file from the remote machine, I get the message "Access denied" when using beyondexec.

Can someone help me with this? I need to either figure out how to run psexec simultaniously, or have beyondexec access my remote server...

Hi,

This question is more directed towards how to use psexec and beyondexec.

I use Autoit to create a batch file, which basically runs a setup from the network. I then use psexec or beyondexec to copy over the batch file and execute it on the remote machine.

The problem is that psexec does the job sequentially, when I want it to have all the remote servers install the setup at the same time.

It seems like beyondexec has the multithread ability (they say that up to 10 computers can be accessed at once), however, even though i use the same username/password, and all I am doing is running a batch file from the remote machine, I get the message "Access denied" when using beyondexec.

Can someone help me with this? I need to either figure out how to run psexec simultaniously, or have beyondexec access my remote server...

Download SCHTASKS.exe if you don't already have it and just copy the executable over to each machine and schedule a one time task to run them.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law