IDE for GUI: Any coders?

CyberSlug

I will start a new topic with my next release and get with jpm or whoever about getting it included in the installer. My version now requires beta, but I might create a non-beta version also.

-Livewire

In my opinion GuiBuilder should be included in the SciTE4AutoIt3 package (by Jos van der Zande).

Edited by gcriaco

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

03/24/2005

*** Added an adapted version of CyberSlug's GUIBuilder that will assist you building GUI and the

generated code will be pasted directly into SciTE. Start it with Alt+G.

*** Updated Tidy v 1.28.6:

Fixed bug where Tidy inserted space with "" or '' inside quoted string.

;)

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

;)

What about those of us that do not use Scite? I use PSPad and I am pretty happy with it! I find it to be superior to Scite for my use :P

Why does GuiBuilder belong with the Scite toolbox? When this tool is finished in my opinion it would be as important as the WindowsSpy, for instance!

Angel

• Developers

What about those of us that do not use Scite? I use PSPad and I am pretty happy with it! I find it to be superior to Scite for my use ;)

Why does GuiBuilder belong with the Scite toolbox? When this tool is finished in my opinion it would be as important as the WindowsSpy, for instance!

Angel

Don't understand your question... everything i've put into the SciTE4AutoIt3 package is available to everybody to include in their own prefered editor .....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Don't understand your question... everything i've put into the SciTE4AutoIt3 package is available to everybody to include in their own prefered editor .....

Don't take my post too seriously. I just find it a little bit funny how everyone here likes so much Scite. I even tried it because of that but although it has some pretty nice features I still prefer PSPad.

What I meant is that I don't see that much a link between the GuiBuilder and Scite. So then why put it on the Scite package? The Scite users would get the GuiBuilder almost by accident, and those of us who do not use Scite might never realize that the GuiBuilder is distributed with the Scite4AutoIt3 package. Therefore, as I said, it seem to me much more logical to add the GuiBuilder (once finished or at least once it is a bit more polished) with the official AutoIt3 installer, and put a shortcut to it in the AutoIt3 Start menu folder (like the Window Info) or at least in the Extras folder. I am pretty sure that people would love this kind of tool to be included with AutoIt.

Cheers,

Angel

• Developers

What I meant is that I don't see that much a link between the GuiBuilder and Scite. So then why put it on the Scite package?

Don't agree with this statement: The way I have integrated GUIBuilder into SciTE makes it nicer to work with, since you can start it from within SciTE, work on the GUI and then when done it automatically dumps the code in the script you are working on..

So to me it does make sense to have it distributed in the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer rather then in the AutoIT3 installer. (like all the other utilities wrapped in the installer: Tidy, AU3Check, AU3Recorder, CodeWizard and AutoItMacroGenerator)

ps. I am also a user of PSPAD and like the editor a lot for things like Finding/Replacing in Files, Sorting, Hexeditor and lots and lots more, but in my mind SciTE is still superious for coding AutoIt3 scripts...

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Don't agree with this statement: The way I have integrated GUIBuilder into SciTE makes it nicer to work with, since you can start it from within SciTE, work on the GUI and then when done it automatically dumps the code in the script you are working on..

So to me it does make sense to have it distributed in the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer rather then in the AutoIT3 installer. (like all the other utilities wrapped in the installer: Tidy, AU3Check, AU3Recorder, CodeWizard and AutoItMacroGenerator)

ps. I am also a user of PSPAD and like the editor a lot for things like Finding/Replacing in Files, Sorting, Hexeditor and lots and lots more, but in my mind SciTE is still superious for coding AutoIt3 scripts...

I don't deny that having some "integration" between the GUI editor and the text editor could be cool. However, if livewire implements the "au3 update mechanism" as it is, there would not be much need for that integration. Why use "paste" to update the text into the editor when you can simply update the file? PSPad (and probably Scite) are able to notice when a file has changed on the disk and can automatically update the text that they are showing with the disk contents.

I believe that this GuiBuilder is too good and too useful to "restrict" its use to Scite. That's why I hope one day to see it on the main AutoIt distribution file. Until then I don't mind it being added to the Scite package, but when it becomes mature enough it should be one of the main AutoIt tools.

BTW, where can I get the latest Scite4AutoIt3 package?

Cheers,

Angel

• Developers

I believe that this GuiBuilder is too good and too useful to "restrict" its use to Scite. That's why I hope one day to see it on the main AutoIt distribution file. Until then I don't mind it being added to the Scite package, but when it becomes mature enough it should be one of the main AutoIt tools.

Again, there is no "Restriction" to the distribution with SciTE4AutoIt3. Everybody can download these add-on utilities when posted by their creators, like I do.

So just start your own PSPad4AutoIt3 and distribute it and all other utilities available in that way :P ....

BTW, where can I get the latest Scite4AutoIt3 package?

See my Signature . ;)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.