TreeView and $TVS_HASBUTTONS

smashly

Hi and thank you for taking the time to read my post/question(s)

Short of my question:

Can $TVS_HASBUTTONS be forced to show when there's no subitems under the parent?

Long winded why's of my question:

I had trouble trying to customize the native FileSelectFolder() to suit the theme of my GUI.

So I thought why not just create my own to suite my theme needs of my GUI.

Along the way I found that trying to list all Drives and folders recursively and my Custom File Select Dialog actually takes way to long to display the data.

So I decided that I would List the Drives of the PC fist and when I click a Drive in the tree then it would Fill the tree with sub items (Folders), Then Click on a Sub Folder then the Subfolders under them would be listed , click on a suitems subitem then... etc... You get the picture by now. After each click and successful adding of subitems the parent is expanded.

All works fairly quickly and the code is pretty simple.

But I cant seem to force the + button on the parent untill the items are listed..

Is there any short way around this?

Can post code if need be , but I don't feel it's really needed as I'm happy with how my current code works.

TYIA

Cheers

Hi and thank you for taking the time to read my post/question(s)

Short of my question:

Can $TVS_HASBUTTONS be forced to show when there's no subitems under the parent?

Long winded why's of my question:

I had trouble trying to customize the native FileSelectFolder() to suit the theme of my GUI.

So I thought why not just create my own to suite my theme needs of my GUI.

Along the way I found that trying to list all Drives and folders recursively and my Custom File Select Dialog actually takes way to long to display the data.

So I decided that I would List the Drives of the PC fist and when I click a Drive in the tree then it would Fill the tree with sub items (Folders), Then Click on a Sub Folder then the Subfolders under them would be listed , click on a suitems subitem then... etc... You get the picture by now. After each click and successful adding of subitems the parent is expanded.

All works fairly quickly and the code is pretty simple.

But I cant seem to force the + button on the parent untill the items are listed..

Is there any short way around this?

Can post code if need be , but I don't feel it's really needed as I'm happy with how my current code works.

TYIA

Cheers

If your TreeView is $TreeView, then when you create the items add an empty blank subitem and I think the buttons will show

$TVitem1 = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem("one", $TreeView)

$TView1Dummy = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem("", $TVitem1)

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.