Network Share Permissions (Auto3Lib)

Hi

This question concerns the Auto3Lib extension for network share management and also some problems I have with file permission control under Windows which is tres wierd compared to Linux or Unix systems...!! :P

I have a Visual Basic script that I had previously been using to set up the network shares for my server... However this would not change the state of the READ or READ/WRITE access flag that all file shares have and so I had to do this manually...

When I run the NetworkShare Enum examples in the Auto3Lib library all the share permissions on my server come back as 0 (I login as admin)... NB it does not matter whether the are hidden admin shares or visible ones I have added... I am somewhat confused??!! :)

So how do I control the basic read/write permisions and can I set the other permission types...??

Everything else in the sub-library for netshare management is great and should be really useful for writing a GUI Share manager (which I have always wanted really - control freak!!)

I am running the scripts under Windows XP 64bit edition if that is significant...

Thanks

Bob

I don't know if there are 64-bit issues with it, but I have used SetACL.exe for setting all kinds of permissions from my scripts, including CIFS Shares.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I don't know if there are 64-bit issues with it, but I have used SetACL.exe for setting all kinds of permissions from my scripts, including CIFS Shares.

:)

I've had a look at this and it looks really useful especially as it is CLI based!!

I am still trying to get my head around the various issues I have with windows file permission!! I'll have a look through the MS Resource Kit book to see if I can get my head around this topic again!!

I am wondering though why does the AutoLib3 permissions for a (local machine) network share always return 0? That would imply that nobody could access it?? Surely the administrator user can access his own network shares - right?

Thanks for your help!!

Bob