Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AutoItNewbie19

Can't Compile or Anything!

12 posts in this topic

I thank you for reading this and helping me out people. I am completely new to AutoIt plan on learning it quite quickly though. :) But, I am having this trouble. I can't compile or beta run or do anything like that to a new script that I make. The examples can be compiled and all that but not the ones that I make. What's wrong?

post some of your code?

mmm, that is strange.. yeah, post an example.

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

It isn't something hard. Just a messagebox. I just wrote that to see if it could compile or anything and nothing helps. I mean anything I write can't compile or anything.

MsgBox(0, "Welcome!", "Thank you for reading this! My name is Justin!")

I just copied this into an example's script. Alright? And it can compile in that, but not in a new script I make.

Edited by AutoItNewbie19

What happenes when you double click on it?

Double click on what?

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

And you say that the ones in the example folder CAN be compiled? Then I must say I'm clueless. UNLESS you are not saving your scripts right.... I mean, Scite won't add the extension .au3, you have to do it manually when you save it. If the code of your script goes all grey then you didn't save it right.

Double clik on the scripts

Edited by Nahuel

Yes, I am saying that the examples CAN be compiled. Wow Nahuel you are a genius. Thank you.

As you can see by my name that I am new to AutoIt. My teacher said I should look into it (yes, I am still in school), so I did. I found it pretty cool after VB. Nahuel you were correct, I wasn't saving them correctly. I didn't know how to save or anything like that. So thank you again. I don't see why this matters, but whatever. Happy scripting!

#10 ·  Posted (edited)

Wait... so that was it? it works now?

-edit- oh, you beat me. Glad it works now.

Edited by Nahuel

Yes, it does work now. It was the fact that I wasn't saving them with the correct extension file name. .Au3

Ooo, wish there was a class that tought something computery at my school : \. Well, something dealing with programing.