Look for app exe, then launch?

After extensive trawling through the archives (trawling, not trolling <g>), I found the Code Wizard reference. What a gem that is! It's made the job of making message boxes into practically nothing, which is always a good thing. There's one small part of my messagebox itself that I'd like to improve.

I've seen reference to things like AI finding the path of something and then launching. I believe I need that functionality with finding the path for Outlook.exe. On my current computer it's found here:

C:\Office2000\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE

But I've seen it in other folders before. Is there a way to have AI find the Outlook.exe and then launch it so that I'm not bound to keep changing the path wherever I go?

Thanks! :)

• Developers

$SciTE_Exe = RegRead('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\SciTE.exe', '')
$Outlook_exe = RegRead('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\OUTLOOK.EXE', '')

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi! Thanks for the responses. I'm in the middle of an apartment move yet still trying to do work and figure things <g>. Thank God for AI! All I know is that this morning, I had one less set of morning startup fiddling because of this script. I put a prompting initial script in the startup to prompt me for the USB drive and once that's in, it calls some code off of it and asks whether AI can launch a bunch of things, Outlook included. Besides my morning coffee, this added energy to my day as I had one less set of tedious steps to do! <g>

If I've understood correctly, I can replace the line of code in my script that looks like this:

Run("C:\Office2000\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE")oÝ÷ Û­Øb±ìZr×(u殶­sbb33c´÷WFÆööµöWRÒ&Vu&VBb33´´UôÄô4ÅôÔ4äRb3#µ6ögGv&Rb3#´Ö7&÷6ögBb3#µvæF÷w2b3#´7W'&VçEfW'6öâb3#´F2b3#´õUDÄôô²äURb33²Âb33²b33²
Thanks! I'd like to know as I don't want to mess anything up; I am at the office after all ... <g>

Cheers :)

uhmm you cant just replace the run with the regread but combined as:

run(RegRead('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\OUTLOOK.EXE', ''))

it should work then

My Scripts:Radioblog Club Music DownloaderOther stuff:Fun movieIm serious read the help file it helps :PFight 'Till you drop. Never stop, You Cant give up. Til you reach the top Fight! you’re the best in town Fight!