Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DjDeep00

How can I compare two tables using Sqlite?

5 posts in this topic

Not sure if there is a way to find out the differences between two tables using a sqlite database. I didn't see any function in the sqlite helpfile regarding this, just wanted to know if anyone could help me with this?

Ptrex,

Here is what I am trying todo. Get data from two tables in Oracle and find out what the differences are between them. I would like to extract the Oracle data using ODOR into Sqlite (for some reason the inserts are really slow) or Access (not sure how to do this?).

I just want the fastest way of doing this task. I tried exporting to a text file and writing my own diff functions but these tables are huge so it takes like days for the diff to complete. So i figured importing the data into a another local database and then doing the diff would be faster. Like you mentioned that I should use the sql "Join", I understand the syntax of it but not sure how I am gonna get back the differences by row and column? Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

DjDeep

Ptrex,

Here is what I am trying todo. Get data from two tables in Oracle and find out what the differences are between them. I would like to extract the Oracle data using ODOR into Sqlite (for some reason the inserts are really slow) or Access (not sure how to do this?).

I just want the fastest way of doing this task. I tried exporting to a text file and writing my own diff functions but these tables are huge so it takes like days for the diff to complete. So i figured importing the data into a another local database and then doing the diff would be faster. Like you mentioned that I should use the sql "Join", I understand the syntax of it but not sure how I am gonna get back the differences by row and column? Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

DjDeep

Why don't you perform this task under Oracle itself? That should be much more efficient than any other way.

Next efficient solution would be to read the Oracle data into memory (array) and compare them from there with the second table, writing only the differences to a file.

Why don't you perform this task under Oracle itself? That should be much more efficient than any other way.

-I dont have access to the Oracle tools and I only have read-only access to the oracle database.

Next efficient solution would be to read the Oracle data into memory (array) and compare them from there with the second table, writing only the differences to a file.

-As I stated earlier...

tried exporting to a text file and writing my own diff functions (using Arrays) but these tables are huge so it takes like days for the diff to complete.

-The biggest problem with this was the speed. Some tables have around a 500,00 rows or more.